Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Micah Manary
United States
Williamstown
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for all the questions, but my wife and I have been playing all day. We just finished S4 and she won on turn 2 as the Germans. We must be missing something.

EDIT: OH we can't read. The third time we looked it over it says exit between I1 and Y1. That makes this different. Sorry for the wasted post and all the questions.

I set up in various buildings and woods across the map, with a good distribution. A few men everywhere, including one officer, MMG, and 747 in the southern forest.

Her first moves, she moved single squads close to my men in the southern forest. I attacked them only when they got to PBF, KIA 2 units and wounding another. Then, she moved all the rest of her quads at CX with officers to dash past me into the southern forest. She also assualt fired killing my only men down there.

Next turn I CX everyone to run to the south side.

Next turn she dashes with officers off the game board winning with 16-20 points.

What are we missing? Is there a gentleman's (woman's) rule about not dashing across one extreme border? Are there rules for entering or exiting the board we didn't know? She was using the hex appropriate MF to enter and 1MF to leave.

This seemed impossible for me to win, given a setup that had to cover the whole board.

Micah

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mmanary wrote:
I attacked them only when they got to PBF...

Assuming they are visible the entire time, you should be able to take 3 shots at them with each defending unit as they approach: First Fire, Subsequent First Fire, and Final Protective Fire. Waiting until they are adjacent gives you the best column on the IFT, but the fewest chances to attack. Also, were you using Firegroups?

mmanary wrote:
She also assualt fired killing my only men down there.

Not sure what phase you mean, but if her units moved that player turn, then they can only fire during the Advancing Fire Phase, which HALVES firepower. Units with underlined FP get a bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micah Manary
United States
Williamstown
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only had one officer, one 7-4-7 and one MMG south of the forest, and she was moving units one squad at a time into spaces adjacent to me, so I took a first fire at a squad adjacent to me, killing it, took my subsequent first fire at a second squad, killing it. In retrospect, I should have divided the 7-4-7 and MMG for four total shots. I did not get ROF. After this, she never moved adjacent to me, so I never got FPF. Then, she moved units (3 squads, 2 MG) to two spaces away from me and used advancing fire, which, even halved, against a building, killed me.

I think the problem was that she wasn't following the rules . . . for the win condition. We're working it out and starting a new game right now.

Thanks for the tips!

Micah

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mmanary wrote:
Then, she moved units (3 squads, 2 MG) to two spaces away from me and used advancing fire, which, even halved, against a building, killed me.

MMG's and HMG's may not fire in the AFPh if they moved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel GOUSSET
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is weird because I found this scenario to be extremely hard for the germans.

US firepower do a very good job on covering exit with long range leader diriged MG fire. And the germans really doesn't have that much extra troups to losses...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.