Spencer C
Canada
GTA
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see there are a number of 2 player maps (Scotland, Isle of Wight, ANN), but I haven't found much feedback on any of these. Do they play well? Is there a favorite? Does it offer the real Steam experience?

I do most of my gaming 2er, so I'm eager to find a way to distill Steam down to two.

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Neal
United States
Liverpool
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I haven't done IoW, but I've done Scotland and liked it. Malta is another great map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played Puerto Rico and St.Lucia. Of the two, I preferred St. Lucia because PR is a little too sparse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Leppo
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
agent easy wrote:
I've played Puerto Rico and St.Lucia. Of the two, I preferred St. Lucia because PR is a little too sparse.

PR is 1-player. Do you mean Jamaica?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michiel Hillenius
Netherlands
Hoogland (Amersfoort)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played several 2 player maps now and I have printed more to check out in the future. I like them all, but the one's that are the most difficult, I prefer, but that is all personal of course. For me the order would be:
1. Sicily and Malta
2. Isle of Wight
3. West Midlands
4. Scotland
5. Iowa
So, if you prefer the easier maps, go for the reversed order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Twice
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
Both Iowa and Scotland are great maps to play. Iowa is a bit simple and focused more on fast expansion while Scotland is a tense battle on very rough terrain.

I have also tried Jamaica but the experience was underwhelming, I didn't like it at all.

I haven't tried St. Lucia, Isle of Wight or Sicily and Malta. I haven't tried other Ted Alspach maps either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
badge
Summertime is Christmas time
mbmbmbmbmb
Which of these 2 player maps are suitable for using with the Base Rules? I notice, for example, that the Scotland map explicitly is for the Standard Rules. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Twice
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
manukajoe wrote:
Which of these 2 player maps are suitable for using with the Base Rules? I notice, for example, that the Scotland map explicitly is for the Standard Rules. Thanks.

Start with the Steam maps (Sicily, Isle of Wight and Iowa), they will work without problems.

I have played Base Scotland and it works well. Many 2 palyer maps remove the auction so it's not exactly farfetched to use Basic Steam ruleset.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michiel Hillenius
Netherlands
Hoogland (Amersfoort)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't play the base rules much, but I don't think there is a problem to do it for any of the two-player Steam maps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
badge
Summertime is Christmas time
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks you guys! I think I'll try the Scotland map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.