BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: Coolstuffinc has copies of 7 Wonders in Stock rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Balsam
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Limited to 1 copy per customer, and they are charging $44.99, but this is still very good news if you are trying to obtain a copy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Caminha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
badge
And so it begins...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes! Thanks for sharing this. I've heard CSI had a batch of 7 Wonders last week but I never saw any trace of it. Purchased
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc B.
United States
Melbourne
Florida
flag msg tools
Fun or Bust!
badge
Owns one of the good FLGSs :-)
mbmbmbmbmb
surprise surprise... whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just checked and the web site said 20+ copies in stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X Topher
United States
Highland
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw when they had a few copies left and watched how they dwindled to zero. Couldnt pull the trigger myself...$33 for a light card game is a ripoff. (Dominion is 27 and you get tons more cards...)

So...initially release a FEW copies at normal price...wait for them to sell while the hype builds....and then release the rest of the stock at a higher price? (Yep, right now 20+ copies at $45...)Tsk tsk CSI! (They did that with Dominant Species as well...$79.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bien HBB
United States
Downingtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I also noticed that they were not taking pre-orders for the 2nd printing while others were. Instead they were 'out of stock', so it wasn't possible to pre-order a copy at the previous 32.99 CSI price. Oh well. I'm sure they will find buyers. Any slacking Secret Santas out there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
It is likely that they obtained some through a different channel than their normal distributer, which cost them more. So while they are still offering it for a discount, it just isn't as big of a discount.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob (he/him)
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Funagain.com shows them as In Stock for $39.99.

http://www.funagain.com/control/product?product_id=023063

BOb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Baptist
United States
Highland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jimmcmahon wrote:
It is likely that they obtained some through a different channel than their normal distributer, which cost them more. So while they are still offering it for a discount, it just isn't as big of a discount.

Yup, they did the same thing with Space Hulk. And Cory told me as such when I e-mailed him. I see nothing wrong with it.

Myself, I will wait until the product gets more into circulation before picking up my copy. I have enough to play with until then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott S.
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SlikkRikk wrote:
jimmcmahon wrote:

Yup, they did the same thing with Space Hulk. And Cory told me as such when I e-mailed him. I see nothing wrong with it.

Myself, I will wait until the product gets more into circulation before picking up my copy. I have enough to play with until then.

See: http://www.geekdo.com/thread/589629/does-it-bug-anyone-else-... for more discussion on this topic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich S
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I always get a kick out of people complaining about a business that wants to be profitable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
phosrik wrote:
I always get a kick out of people complaining about a business that wants to be profitable.

Let alone when said business is already selling BELOW an MSRP. We're a spoiled bunch sometimes...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Wang
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dang, I knew I should have picked up a copy when they were in stock for 32.99. CSI is still my go to place for buying board games, kind of sad that they are raising the price. I guess I have to wait for the 2nd print unless anyone knows of a place that still has them in stock without gauging the prices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stagger lee wrote:
phosrik wrote:

Let alone when said business is already selling BELOW an MSRP. We're a spoiled bunch sometimes...

Yeah, this is what gets me. I can see both sides of the price gouging argument for rare games that people jack up the prices of far above MSRP (like the Space Hulk re-release), but I don't see how anyone can call it price gouging when they're still selling 7 Wonders below retail price. If you ran to your local retail store when it came out, grabbed the first copy, and then resold it at the price that CSI is... you'd be down $5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.