Dungeons & Dragons: Castle Ravenloft Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Monster Tokens? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Mifsud
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What are the monster tokens for and what does the skull represent on some of the dungeon tiles?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Laufer
United States
Millington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
they are only used in the adventure scenarios that call for them. check the scenario book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luc Lauzon

Montreal
Quebec
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can use the tokens as an alternate way of drawing monsters. First, the token tells you how many there are; then you draw the cards to know what they are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Fox
United States
Yukon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Once you play some adventures that utilize them and see how they work, they are TERRIFIC for creating custom scenarios and adventures. You can really do a lot with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mifsud
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grue
United States
SF East Bay
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ha, just opened this up today, and read through the rules and realized that monster tokens weren't even mentioned (unless I've missed it!). though there is a picture of one on page 10.

Figured I'd find my answer here. Good to know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mifsud
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have played it twice. And I think its simple enough for my 5 and 7 year old - though the undead theme isn't something I will use with them but hopefully the sequel will be less undead and more typical fantasy.

Having said that its definitely a game of attrition. Am I right in saying that basically you need to either spawn monsters every turn (and risk and encounter) or get hit with an encounter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Kadrie
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
solomani wrote:
...Am I right in saying that basically you need to either spawn monsters every turn (and risk and encounter) or get hit with an encounter?

That's about the size of it. And quite a few encounters will sincerely mess you up. It's pretty much 'Move Forward or Die!' :D

Definitely playable, with some guidance, by my 7 year old.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.