Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Rice
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game looks really good....is it possible to play it solo? My gaming friends are long gone, and between marriage, kids, job, etc. my sessions are mostly limited to titles that have fun solitaire variants. I'd like to check this one out, but if it's not possible to play solo I may have pass it by. Let me know what you guys think!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rogue Liberty
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
INN-FIGHTING is for 3-6 players.

I played it with a friend, and it worked well with just the two of us, however.

The game setup has each player draw a "CHARACTER" card, and 2 "ACTION" cards. These will be either a "BYSTANDER"(a NPC that will fight with your character),or a "ACTION" that is hidden from the other players until it is used. If you play solo, you will have to know what the "ACTION" cards are ahead of time because they are time specific. For example, you must play some before the other player does so and so. Basically, if you play solo, you will have to end up taking turns playing each character you decided to have in the game.

Now the game has most everything else determined by dice rolls, as far as who you can attack (either a player to your right or left depending on the attack type), and who you can attack with a Power Attack (the player with the highest VP).

...so, it would work in that sense soloing nicely, however, I think having to play each other character as well as your own may become too cumbersome for one person that otherwise would be done by other players. Also you would completely loose the effect and strategy of the unknown ACTION cards and some other things that would otherwise only be known and played by other players.

...I really don't think it would work very well in the end for solo play, unfortunately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
Reseñas de Juegos Argentinos
badge
Need a cool Graphic Design for a game you are Creating ? Maybe a banner for a kickstarter ? Ask for a quote... questions are for FREE :D
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are the solo rules you ve been waiting for:

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/10779701#10779701

Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.