United States
South Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
PlayTMG.com
mbmbmbmbmb
A question was raised elsewhere, because the rules and the quick rules contradict each other:

Quick Rules wrote:
2. Treasury Contents: 1 victory point for every 3 coins (or fraction there of)

Rules Booklet wrote:
2. Treasury Contents
For every 3 coins in their possession at the end of the game, players score
1 victory point. Leftover coins score no points.

Which way is the correct way?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald McDaniel
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the main Rules Booklet is correct, and the Quick Rules summary is incorrect. I just drew a line through the incorrect part on the Quick Rules, to avoid any question in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Van Zandt
United States
South Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
PlayTMG.com
mbmbmbmbmb
what do you base that assumption on? (to me it would be a coin flip, people are as likely to misprint the rulebook as they are any other component, but I've been teaching it using the quick rules way since that's what I hand to players if they have a question).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say the rules are correct because that's how it works in pretty much every game I can think of that awards VPs per every (some number) of money at the end of the game (e.g. Caylus, Brass to name a couple). I can't think of any game that awards a point for the last, fractional bit of money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, the rules are correct and not the quick rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald McDaniel
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
truekid wrote:
what do you base that assumption on? (to me it would be a coin flip, people are as likely to misprint the rulebook as they are any other component, but I've been teaching it using the quick rules way since that's what I hand to players if they have a question).

I thought I read a clarification of this issue in another forum post, but can't locate it.

Still, I will go with the main ruleset, rather than the summary. Seems logical to me, similar to one part of the Science scoring -- partial sets of two symbols do not count, the full set of 3 symbols must be present for points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antoine Bauza
France
Valence
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
powerwis wrote:
yes, the rules are correct and not the quick rules.

Confirmed !
I have to report this little mistake to the publisher...
I am pretty sure I have mentioned it before the printing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donal Behal

Newtownabbey
Antrim
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As above.

However the remaining coins I use as a tie breaker. More than once this has solved the issue in close games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lord_Nibbler wrote:
As above.

However the remaining coins I use as a tie breaker. More than once this has solved the issue in close games.

Total coins is the correct tiebreaker as discussed elsewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
It's a love/hate relationship.
badge
Check out my board game instructional videos on my YouTube channel: "The Game Explainer".
mbmbmbmbmb
cferejohn wrote:
I would say the rules are correct because that's how it works in pretty much every game I can think of that awards VPs per every (some number) of money at the end of the game (e.g. Caylus, Brass to name a couple). I can't think of any game that awards a point for the last, fractional bit of money.

In World Without End, you get .5 VPs for each gold. So, 5 gold would yield 2.5 VPs at game end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hewitt
United States
Wexford
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
truekid wrote:

The rulebook also contains an example of scoring, and they round down there as well. If we assume only one mistake, it must be the quick rules that are wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre 113
Canada
flag msg tools
The french version doesn't have such a discrepancy.

Its 1 point per set of 3 coins (no points for fraction of a set of 3 coins).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.