8 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Cheap good games ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
pseudonym pseudonym
msg tools
Hi
iam a quite poor student, but its xmas and want some games xD i want some good games, that has a great replayable value, for 2+ players, my limit price is 25-30 usd for each game, but if it is cheaper, its better for me.

Iam quit new to boardgames, only played monopol, and mostly tcg like yugioh,pokemon ect but iam older now (20) so need to upgrade my taste xD i owned munchkin, fluxx and spank the monkey but i sold theme

Theme doesnt matter, i am all eater xD so list me to the right road and let me begin my cheap but awsome collection, thx in advance.

Btw is there a good game that u dont have to read much ? I want to buy one game that i can play with my parents or maybe grand parents. They dont know much english

And another question, i think i will include dominion in my collection, but there is other games like dominion. Which one is the best?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Cackler
United States
West Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pandemic is a great choice as is Incan Gold or Balloon Cup. Incan Gold and Balloon Cup are both totally language independent.

Edit: I meant to say Cloud 9. That's the game I was looking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Linnell
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
I really need a new badge, avatar, and overtext. GM me with any ideas....
badge
This is the seahorse valley
mb
Try out Forbidden Island if you are interested in Cooperative games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stanley
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Best Games You Can Buy New For $10 Or Less
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Heilman
United States
Denver
CO
flag msg tools
My family has a tradition of doing a gift exchange, where we play a game to trade mystery gifts. This year, I decided to get a slew of cheap board and card games to add to the gift pile. Since I didn't know the age of the person getting the games in question, I got games that weren't language dependent and that weren't very complex... These are all games that anyone can play, yet games that I enjoy as a gamer... I think they'd be a great list to start with.

I don't think anything on the list cost me more than $15. Any of them would likely be easy to teach to anyone with any level of gaming experience.

Card Games:
Slide 5
Baker's Dozen
Botswana
Coloretto
Ligretto
Saboteur
Circus Flohcati
Guillotine
No Thanks!
Pit Deluxe
The Lord of the Rings: The Duel
The Great Dalmuti
Mamma Mia
Rummikub (tiles, technically)
Pocket Battles

Dexterity Games:
Jungle Speed
Halli Galli

Puzzle Games:
Blokus To Go
Ingenious Travel Edition
Trick 'r Treat
Mini Fits

Board Games:
Abandon Ship
Fjords

Dice Games:
Ligretto Dice
Zombie Dice
Perudo

They're all filler games, I guess... If I was to recommend something as a follow-up to your trading card games, I'd be a bit hard-pressed to say exactly what to get. Dominion or Summoner Wars would be the obvious choice, though those are a bit too pricey. Race for the Galaxy seems like it would be good, but that would be too complex, possibly. San Juan is similar, but more text dependent...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Roberts

Unspecified
msg tools
Hive

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pseudonym pseudonym
msg tools
Saboteur
seems a good game

anymore ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Johnson
United States
Cottage Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Check out Small Box Games for some great options at reasonable prices. Some of these games are well reviewed on BGG. I highly recommend them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.