Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Needle
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just asking and clarifying a couple of points. Responses would be appreciated

a) The British start in Ile d'Orleans and have four naval untis in the Bason. On their first campaign move can they only move 4 units to say Levis or can they move 4 to Levis and 4 to Beuport

b) The zones are a little confusing as some are seperated by roads and others by tributries. Par example in Ile d'Orleans there are roads that effectively make three "sub-zones". So are there three zones in Ile d'Orleans and therefore I can separate my units. (I know this is a bad example cause why would you but it helps with my question)

c) Does Levis zone border Bason and St Laurent? I know in the rules it says you cannot go from Levis to Abraham but it just seemed that if the British cross over to Levis that they need to go to Etchemin to cross over the St. Laurent. And also the map shows Levis as a zone bordering the St Laurent mainly.

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Newbie Questions
a) You may only move one unit per ship in the region to the crossed. Thus, at the start of the game, the British player may move 4 units total to any combination of the other zones on the Bason: Levis, St. Charles, Beauport, and Montmorency.

b) I agree that the zones are not very well defined on the map. However, the roads only show connection between zones. They do not divide zones. Thus, Ile d'Orleans is all one zone. I place units in the St. Charles zone east of the river to remember that the St. Charles River only affects movement between there and Abraham (and not Beauport).

c) Levis borders only the Bason. Abraham borders only the St. Laurent. (see 7.1) So yes, in order to cross the St. Laurent from Levis, you need to first use land movement to get to Etchemin.

Hope that all helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Levin
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GaryP wrote:
b) I agree that the zones are not very well defined on the map. However, the roads only show connection between zones. They do not divide zones.

Might I follow up on this and ask, what does separate the zones? I want to play this game, but I cant seem to get a handle on what divides the zones and which ones are connected and which one are not.

The river zones and the crossing of the river is clear, but it is all the zones north of the river that has me confused.

Any help would be appreciated.

In fact, is there a simple chart that details which zone connects to which zone, via land or water?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(\____/)
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sefton wrote:
In fact, is there a simple chart that details which zone connects to which zone, via land or water?

Well, yes there is! In my copy of the game, the rulebook has a picture that clarifies the possible movements between the zones. Strangely, this picture seems to be removed from the latest versions of the rules! At least it's not in the V1.2 rules available for download from Columbia Games website.

I took a quick scan of the picture in question and here it is. I hope this provides answers to your questions. If not, just ask, I'll be happy to help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.