Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Blue Guldal
United States
Brooklyn
NY - New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that each player gets however many wild tiles at the beginning of the game. Do we pay for this wild tile when we use it in a word? this does not make much of a difference (a whopping $1), but more importantly, does it count when you're selling the word? (i.e. the one pip under WILD, does it count towards the total pip count whe you are selling?) we have been counting it, precisely because there IS a pip, but then I thought "we didn't pay for it, how come we get to sell it?" I guess I am more used to the scrabble wilds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:wild tile question
bluepigeon (#461179),

You start the game with money and the wild tiles, so you don't need to pay for the wild tiles.

The point mark does count, allowing you to make a lot of money just by adding an `s' to an already long word.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Guldal
United States
Brooklyn
NY - New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:wild tile question
mlvanbie (#461279),

thanks for clarifying. so we were playing correctly afterall! it seems wierd when I think about it though. and it kinda explains why I lost last night... I still had a wild left at the end of the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Duncan
United States
Ithaca
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Do the wild tiles count toward your maximum of 8 tiles?

I wouldn't think so, since two players start with four wilds each. That would mean that once you acquire 5 non-wild tiles you'd be over the limit of 8 tiles max. That seems a little too restrictive to me.

Also, when playing solitaire the instructions say to start with 8 tiles. That'd make little sense if wild tiles count toward the size limit.

So we play only non-wild tiles are counted when determining whether you are over the 8 tile limit or not.

Is that how the rest of you play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.