Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Leitl
United States
Park Falls
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lost Cities is a simple to learn card game for two people but one that will keep your interest for quite awhile. Many people say you can play this with a standard deck of cards or with 5 suits, whatever. I could make just about every game I own but I won’t, mainly because I can buy better quality than I can make. Regardless Lost cities is a game my wife and I enjoy very much and one she is willing to play nearly anytime. In my book that is a definite plus.
As I said the game is simple enough to learn the rules are clearly laid out and take up roughly two pages. Cards are dealt out to the players and than on alternating turns the player will play a card and draw a card from either the draw deck or one of the center discard piles. The board for the game is not really needed however it does make the management of the cards that much easier. Scoring is explained very well in the rulebook and with a good reading of the rules one should have no problems.
The only draw back of the game that we have encountered (my wife more so than me) is the last card drawn from the draw ends the game so that card is never played on the board. We have tried a house rule that allows for one additional play for each player, but I do not really care for this rule so it is often decided to play the game straight.
All in all I really enjoy the game. It plays quickly, it travels well and most importantly it is fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.