Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Kluck
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my friends just purchased a new house and we can finally pursue our dream of playing an extended wargame lasting plenty of sessions over a month or more.

Unfortunately there are only 3 of us.

Here is what I've been looking at and would like your advice and/or additions.

Eurofront - On the plus side I already own it and am pretty familiar with the rules to at least Eastfront. On the downside the whole package really feels like a cobbled together byzantine mess. Different rule sets for every theatre make it almost like playing 3 games at the same time. I'm not sure if it'll fly. The maps are a mess too is there any possibility of buying just the EuroFront II map?

Europe Engulfed - Is a simpler alternative, but I'm worried it'll be too dumbed down. All the sophistication of command and control of the Front games is lost and it seems almost like a block Axis and Allies.

Here I Stand - Another possibility, I really like CDG's and the fact that all three are individual competing factions makes for a much more interesting game long term.

Case Blue - No way. Far too expensive, far too much work, I have a wife and child.

The Napoleonic Wars - A possibility, I'm probably more interested in the era than the other players, but they're flexable.

Twilight Imperium (Third Edition) - BGG loves this game, but it doesn't really grab me.

Totaler Krieg! - Possibility.

These picks shouldn't be taken as my preferences, I'm interested in any period in history on any continent, even a fictional one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex I.
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have a look at Maria, it's brilliant!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kluck
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it is, I already own it. I'm really looking for games that take hours at a stretch over many weekends to complete.

I've already got these.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/60107/3-player-beer-an...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Ferreira
Portugal
Porto Salvo
Porto Salvo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here I Stand is definitely the game you want.

Works best with 6, but its very good with 3 (The diplomatic part goes to a second level).

Wargame: Check
Long: Check (the first games can take a bit longer), although you will not need a month to finish, unless playing 1-2 hours each session.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kluck
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clash of Monarchs looks good too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Did somebody say long wargame?

World in Flames would fit. Works fine with 3 players, though I think it's best with 4 or 5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad DeShon
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
Quality Affordable Gaming Tables - BoardGameTables.com
badge
Quality Affordable Gaming Tables - BoardGameTables.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Maria is my favorite game. It is built for 3 players. Three is a very difficult number to find a game for. It has relatively simple rules, yet the cards you get and your opponents moves demand you play each game differently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.