Subject: The Curious Case of the Speckled Wasp rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
simon cogan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I was returning from my club in Soho in the cab - the damned fog thicker than ever across the Thames - when I stopped to buy The Times from a scruffy newspaper boy on the street corner.

Scanning the headlines, I noticed nothing that caught my eye so decided to allow myself a brief soujourn in the Red Lion tavern. although a million miles away from the clientele of my gentleman's retreat, The Lion was always good for rumors and I ahd been bored ever since....well, I couldn't remember.

I soon caught Ellie's eye - the redheaded barmaid was another good reason for frequenting The Lion - and ordered a glass of wine. An 'interesting' vintage to be sure but my Ellie didn't let me down.There had been a murder most foul and she soon introduced me to a rather remote, although distinctly beautiful, foreign aritocrat. I judged the Lady Sofia and her maid to be from Russia by her accent.

Sofia told me that her brother had been murdered - poisoned no less - whilst they had been in London for only a day. I resolved to discover the culprit and we headed off into the night accompanied by Ellie for she had far better local knowledge of teh strets and alleyways than I.

The fog had turned to driving rain as we headed into the dockland warehouses where Sofia's brother had been found. After some investigation, which I am afraid to say, took most of the night, we came across a sticky, viscous golden substance that indeed resembled a most desperate poison.

Hiding from someone entering the warehouse we observed a rich gentleman with some rather rough looking accomplices - Sofia informed us that this was one of her brother's business associates. We retired without encounter whilst I gathered my thoughts.

The next morning I opened the newspaper to discover that another murder had taken place - it was the man we had seen the previous night.

I called upon Sofia at once and we returned to the warehouse only to be attacked by an enormous wasp of over 8 foot across. It killed the poor Sofia and her maid and I barely escaped with my life but snatched from a crate a radiant gemstone.

My friend Ellie was also attacked in the cellar of the Lion but escaped to find me at the warehouse.

As a new player entered the warehouse - another lady, Magenta, with her butler - they told me a fantastic tale. The giant wasp was indeed a monster from another world, intent on recreating the Earth into a breeding ground for it's own species. the Lady magenta was here to capture and return it to the vessel - I cannot descibe it further as a ship that travels through the stars is an invention that only my friend HG would consider - from whence it came.

With Magenta's help, we used the gemstone to trap the poor creature and with a flash of light, they vanished into the ether.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Jensen
United States
Belgrade
Montana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Story!

Judd

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon cogan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A session report from playtesting 'New Adventures, New Beginnings'...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Dean
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have me quite intrigued!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.