Wooden Ships & Iron Men» Forums » Rules

Subject: Prize crews in Melee rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Springer
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got the game out of the attic after 15+ years and had some fun.

My opponent boards my ship with an OBP and I had an NBP for some beer-induced reason. So the boat is captured with all of my crew sections and his prize section.

Question:
How are boarding parties assembled for possible future melees? Must he use his prize crew? Can he add prisoner sections ? Or are only the prisoners forced to fight?

Thanks for any info and or rule references!

regards
chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerald Sharp
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
arrrhHi Christian!
I own the second edition from 1981. On page seven, paragraph D, there's a description of the Capture procedure. My gaming group never allowed the prisoners to contribute to melee attacks, or gunnery attacks (due to the established two table penalty on prize ship gunnery attacks). The prisoners did suffer "even" crew square losses when the ship was fired upon during the combat phase. Then, at any time the supervision ratio of prize crew boxes to captured crew boxes fell below one to six, respectively, the prize ship reverted to its original crew. Hope that helps.
Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Springer
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

OK, so you only melee with the prize crew. This is not really stated anywhere in rules as far as I can tell, but it makes sense.

As for gunnery attacks, I think a captured ship always pay the penalty, regardless who is actually manning the guns.

cheers
chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.