Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Blue Guldal
United States
Brooklyn
NY - New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When putting down a tile, one must first make sure that the tile is linked to the existing tiles on the board/table with an actual micropul. That is, you cannot put down a tile where the only connection to the other tiles are dots and plusses. This means, you have to, when you're putting a tile down, expand and existing micropul group. As usual, you also have to check to make sure that micropuls of different colors are not next to each other.

I have been playing "wrong" in the sense that we allowed for the tile placements where tiles were added with non-micropul features linking them to the board. This does not break the game. It just makes it simpler. I still recommend people to introduce the game to the spacially-challanged players with the simpler tile placement rules, and then use the "must connect with micropul" rule for more advanced play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ro Sato
Japan
Tokyo
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Rule Clarification
bluepigeon (#461462),

Yeah I've initially played wrong just like you did. It definitely does not break a game at all(well final score range may be different). But it does make one easier to go disturb the opponent's micropul group by either expanding it too much or connect another micropul group of your own.

Proper rule is definitely better cause it gives you more challenge and players definitely have to plan ahead on how tiles are placed including angles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.