BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seriously. Shut up. It's enough to make me not only NOT donate, but to stop using the damn website all together.

And could you find any doucheier pictures of the guy?

GAH!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mb
If the editing really was open for anyone, I would donate. Otherwise screw 'em. Your mission doesn't meet your actions, therefore you don't deserve my money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not to turn this into an actual thread of discussion or anything instead of simply hate for Jimmy Whales et al, but I agree with you. I have actually gone in and edited a typo here or there or reverted a vandalism, but I have read too many stories about the wiki trolls to bother ever trying to actually add or update any content.

Still, it is an impressive tool for finding useful, high-level, mostly accurate info at the drop of a hat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Shippy McShipperson" Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
BoB3K wrote:
Not to turn this into an actual thread of discussion or anything instead of simply hate for Jimmy Whales et al, but I agree with you. I have actually gone in and edited a typo here or there or reverted a vandalism, but I have read too many stories about the wiki trolls to bother ever trying to actually add or update any content.

Still, it is an impressive tool for finding useful, high-level, mostly accurate info at the drop of a hat.

To be fair, the wiki trolls, though pretentious, arrogant, and super irritating, exist to curb all of the many idiots out there who don't respect having the ability to edit such a tool. They don't appreciate it for what it is, and then make damaging edits, such as vandalism/pranks, un-cited and unsubstantiated claims, biased content, and other shenanigans.

Without the trolls, you'd have one heck of a mess on your hands. As it is, even with them, I find it miraculous that I can usually find accurate and up to date information when I want it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mahaffey
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
GAME ARTIST
badge
GAME ARTIST
mbmbmbmbmb
Nobody's happy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I've seen that before-- it's funny and very true. And I do love Wikipedia....which is why I want that douchebags face to quite popping up on every page I go to!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Henry
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind—Einstein
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't realize it until I saw the red "X" on the BGG appeal, but there is an "X" to close the Jimmy Wales appeals. I'm not sure how long it lasts, but I'm not seeing them right now.

Before that it was even more annoying because I had actually given some money and yet the stupid thing kept popping up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virre Linwendil Annergård
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Forza Bajen!
badge
... and still sober
mbmbmbmbmb
work christmas conference yesterday

persons that started company, but now run other companys wrote:
Go to wikipedia and add usefull information, then put a source from a good contentfull article from your homepage

I guess it could be worse but I still have trouble with that statement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Southy
United Kingdom
Nuneaton
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I shall happily continue on in ignorance. Who?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.