Thumb up
1 Posts

World at War: The Untold Stories» Forums » General

Subject: Seeking Opponent(s) in Toronto Area rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher O
flag msg tools
Summer grasses / All that remains / Of soldiers' dreams. - Basho.
Hey folks - I love this system and the era it depicts but I can't seem to find a regular opponent (or ideally opponents) in the Toronto area.

I've played all of the Eisenbach Gap scenarios, and 80% of the Blood and Bridges and DotFP scenarios (in many cases two or three times), but I want to get through the Operation Garbo, LoF, Compendium, Battles within Battles and Untold Stories scenarios as well. There's well over 50 scenarios I haven't even touched! That's not counting the various Sea to Sky and Tigers Unleashed scenarios I haven't had a chance to playtest.

I host a monthly wargaming meet-up in Toronto called "Canucks Amuck" but people there only have a passing interest in the system - I'm looking for fans.

I'm looking for a once every two week to once a month opponent or opponents who really like(s) WaW - enough to play it over and over again, trying out new scenarios each time.

There's no shortage of ASL players in Toronto - where are the WaW treadheads? Post here if you're a fan of WaW and live in Toronto or the GTA. We need to get some critical mass happening! My unplayed copies of Operation Garbo and The Untold Stories are mocking me with their unpunchedness from my games shelf!
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.