Subject: Find a game title that was removed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to figure out what game this was:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/6999

I apparently played it on 2003-07-29, but now no game is listed. I googled it and tried the wayback machine, but nothing. Any ideas?

(Also, knowing what game it was, might answer the question of why it was removed from the database.)

Thanks,
Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Lea
United Kingdom
Leeds
County: West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
It doesn't exist. You didn't play it. It didn't happen. Get used to the new regime.yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting challenge. It was interesting looking at how boardgamegeek has changed over the years using the waybackmachine. I note that it has an entry for 6999 for January 21, 2004, in which it did not exist at that time. It was not in the hot games for 2003, and the hot games appears not to have been there in 2002.

All I can think is it is like Power Grid, where the 1st and 2nd editions were one at one time, and then split into two entries.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Holmquist
United States
Oreland
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is not the game you are looking for.
You can go about you business.
Move along.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shaffer
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I submitted a new game and got the three geekgold for it. Then, for some unknown reason, it was removed from the database. Now, when I look at my geekgold stats, I can see that I got geekgold for a new game with the title "game deleted."

I have no idea what game it was, nor how to figure out what game it was. All I know is I submitted it, it was accepted, and later it was deleted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucio Rodriguez
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
designer
Yep, more words here.
badge
This is overtext. Man, what an awesome use of 100 geekgold! :)
mbmbmbmbmb

This happened to something in my available trades list; It took me several attempts to remove it from my list. I do remember that it had four digits, and the last three were the same number.

Strange.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I have one of those errors in my account as well -- I submitted a bunch of games from Hallmark, and later found out that most of them were also printed by Ravensburger at the same time, and were already in the database under their Ravensburger name. Stranded! was already in the database as Isolation, but I entered Fitz! before I found out that it was called Quadrata by Ravensburger. Additionally, after taking pictures, I discovered that Crossword Companions: Stock Market was actually Stock Market: The Wall Street Trading Game.. but I only took pictures for that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Shaffer
United States
San Francisco
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
Someone probably pointed out that the game was already in the database under a slightly different game by a different publisher. Sometimes this can't be determined until photos are submitted.

I figured that was what happened - the strange part was they completely deleted the old ID number. It would have been better if they'd aliased the old ID to the new ID, so we could track through to the correct location.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burke Glover
United States
Unspecified
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
One type of entry that was purged was single player puzzles. Items such as Lunar Lockout and Rush Hour were all deleted around the same time. I had a bunch of playings logged but I deleted them rather than keeping the instances of "game deleted" in my games played section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre van Dyk
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
Baby Girl, missing you
mbmbmbmbmb
I also have one of the 'game deleted from DB' entries, yet when I search on the game name, it appears on the list. I would wonder why it has been deleted, as it is a rather old (1980) SF skirmish ruleset. Would be nice if one could find the reason why it was removed, or a link to the other game if it was a duplication.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.