1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG Suggestions

Subject: Context-Sensitive Gallery Browsing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Stout
United States
flag msg tools
The Problem: I am paging through the images on the main page for a popular game, like Dominion, which at the moment has 882 images. I chose the Creative gallery, Hot sorting, which reduced it from 59 to 33 pages worth of images. On the 19th page, say, I like what I see, and click on "Browse" to see bigger versions. BUT, I am taken back to the top of the All gallery, Recent sorting. I have to start all over. angry

There are similar problems from other contexts.

What I would really like to see is:

1. When clicking on "Browse" from the Image window of a game's main page, duplicate what is shown in that window. Namely:
- Same gallery
- Same sorting
- Same page

2. When clicking on "Browse" from an individual Image page, include that image on the page shown. That is, figure out which page would include that image, and go to that page, instead of the top of the gallery.

3. When changing parameters in the Gallery window, try to include at least 1 of the same images in the new display. Page 31 in the Creative gallery will not overlap with page 31 in the All gallery. It would be nice for the program to pick one image on the current screen that fits the new parameters, and figure out the page that includes that image. If nothing fits, get the median image from the current display, find the closest image under the new parameters, and display its page.

Thank you very much!
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.