Popular Tags: [View All]
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It generally seemed in my one play that payouts seemed a lot less reliable and in general less frequent than in AoR. I assume this is due to multiuse cards. But in general it seemed rare for things to payout multiple times and some things may have never paid (although i'd have to go through and confirm that).

For example as Louisiana I expected Produce to be the "stone" of this game and just payout a few times. It only really got paid once or twice very early on, however.

Have others noticed that payouts seem harder to predict and generally less frequent?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McCoy
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Rhythm and predicting payouts?
It does seem to me that payouts are somewhat less frequent, and I agree that it's due in large part to the fact that a lot of payout cards get played as events. The Destiny cards do ensure that there are at least a modest number of payouts over the course of the game. But even with those it is possible for someone to bury the card using Storytelling, or simply hold it forever if he has room in his hand or doesn't mind the penalty.

I think that overall the card/payout system is set up such that (moreso than AoR) it encourages players to fight to get a dominant position in a resource before paying it, or else not pay it out at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rohrer
United States
Medina
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Rhythm and predicting payouts?
You are absolutely right. I only got paid for gold once, texties twice, and fruit three times. It seems to pay to diversify.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.