Hide
4 Posts

Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: non-military victory rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
koraki czarny
msg tools
Does one achieve economic victory immediately when gaining 15 coins or every player has to end its turn?
I had a situation that we were chasing to the victory. I had 14 coins and my opponent had a nuclear tech an uranium. I was first in the turn so I gained 15th coin and won, but during this turn my opponent could nuke one of my cities and destroy few coins what could stop my victory.
I am asking this because I have read errata about advanced tie-breaker variant and I think it changed the rules about non-military victory. According to this, even when you achieve non-military victory every player has to end its turn. Am I right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niklas Bergmark
Sweden
Stockholm
Älvsjö
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are right. If you play with the advanced rules in the FAQ, the game continues until the end of the turn, unless it is a military vistory. You then count "VPs" from the list supplied in the FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Schoenheiter
Germany
Heusenstamm
Hessen
flag msg tools
publisher
Also: GameDev&Editor
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nibe wrote:
You are right. If you play with the advanced rules in the FAQ, the game continues until the end of the turn, unless it is a military vistory. You then count "VPs" from the list supplied in the FAQ.

Yes, however. Note that you cannot be snatched from victory that way. (Even if you loose coins from the nuke) You still apply for a victory. However it could reduce your VP count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you were playing without the tie variant rules put out by FFG then you would have won, game over. With the variant rules you would have triggered the end of the game but might not have won assuming he can achieve a military or non-military victory after he nuked your city. If he didn't conquer you or get a culture, coin or tech victory of his own you still win even if you don't have the full 15 coins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.