Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Jachimowicz
United States
Millersville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The daily circular from Toys R Us indicates that all Risk - including Godstorm and 2210 are 40% off this afternoon and tomorrow morning. The picture in the circular also included a shot of...Axis and Allies? Yup. Be curious to hear what anyone negotiates with them on that one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mal Content
United States
Caln Township
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's funny, but I saw that ad and likewise immediately recognized the A&A box in the picture -- probably something only a gamer would notice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Garton
United States
Suffolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Axis Allies 1942 online is 17.99 (40% off) so you won't have a problem.

Now if anyone can negotiate 40% off A&A Pacific 1940, let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Trzaskowski

Tucson
Arizona
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The deal is already on, but the only Risk games available online are:

Risk ($14.39): http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3349459
Risk 1959 ($17.99): http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3452274

both indeed 40% off.

Axis & Allies 1942 is also 40% off at $17.99: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3943882

More deals may be available in stores.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Jacob
United States
Mankato
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They did something like that last year as well.

I don't remember if that sale actually said "RISK games" or if it was just a picture of two RISK games and one A&A, but I called a few Toys R Us stores in my area to confirm that Axis & Allies was part of the deal. As I recall, it was included. However, I couldn't get a reliable enough answer about what edition they had in store (or if they even had it at all, in one case) that I didn't go get one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hey, I've created a video channel! Hover over my avatar to get more info! :) - Josh -
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
My video channel has a Facebook page - Find it by searching "Josh Yaks page" on Facebook
badge
Find my video channel on YouTube as "Josh Yaks"!
mbmbmbmbmb
perplexingcj wrote:
However, I couldn't get a reliable enough answer about what edition they had in store (or if they even had it at all, in one case)

Did they ask you if it was a shirt?

[Caution: Potentially obscure reference.]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Jachimowicz
United States
Millersville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have also noticed that both my local TRU's no longer care to stock Axis and Allies products. Even Risk 2210 was a tough find.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Washington

Long Island City
New York
msg tools
toomanyminis wrote:
I have also noticed that both my local TRU's no longer care to stock Axis and Allies products. Even Risk 2210 was a tough find.

It's a sad day when BOOKSTORES (Borders) are more likely to stock games than TOY STORES, yet here we are...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I was in Toys R Us the other day, and Axis and Allies was on some sort of discount, for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. J. Robinson
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
It would really make my Christmas if Risk: Balance of Power were discounted and available in the United States.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Freedom Rider - Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers
badge
The Brief and Frightening Reign of Phil - George Saunders
mbmbmbmbmb
mcgartlin wrote:
Axis Allies 1942 online is 17.99 (40% off) so you won't have a problem.

CoolStuffInc has it on sale for $14.99.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Fleischman
United States
Lemont
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Outkast wrote:
toomanyminis wrote:

It's a sad day when BOOKSTORES (Borders) are more likely to stock games than TOY STORES, yet here we are...

I take the opposite view. It's GREAT that this is happening. To put games next to books raises their respectability as adult entertainment instead of kids toys or party diversions. Elsewhere in the world, as we well know, games are taken seriously from the development stage through having the authors' (and recently the artists') names on the boxes. I see the increasing presence of games at Borders and B&N as raising domestic awareness of what good games are. Leave to TRU the kiddie stuff. I believe the games the BGG community is interested in belong in the bookstores.

(a quick edit: I think this is good for the brick and mortar game stores--the bookstores can't stock all the good games, which would hopefully lead people to look elsewhere.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ledlow
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the tip on Toys-R-Us! I stopped by Toys-R-Us yesterday. They had Risk, Risk 2210 and whatever they call vintage Risk. I scanned the Risk 2210 and it was coming up at $24.

Also, I did see that photo of Axis and Allies in the circular, but they were NOT on sale. Those retailers are tricky! All Axis and Allies were ringing up at full price - $40.

After thinking about, I decided I would love to get a copy of Risk 2210 and Axis and Allies D-Day, but not at these prices. Let's see what the after-christmas sales look like...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath Doerr
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
Origins 2019 Jun 12th - 16th
badge
Unplayed Countdown: 12 left to play
mbmbmbmbmb
My Toys R' Us had Axis & Allies 1942 for $17.99 in the store, just like on-line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.