S Larkin
Canada
Carp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Due to an unforeseen scheduling conflict, we have been "bumped" from the Kanata Legion. I have made a 6:30 reservation at the Barley Mow where we might hold our meeting instead.

The scheduling conflict won't be a regular one as far as I can tell.
The good news is that the Barley Mow is open past 9pm!

Now back to the usual blurb with new directions...

There will be a meeting of the Kanata Board Gamers this Monday, the 20th of December. The start time for the session is 6:30 PM till about 11pm.

One last get together before Christmas!

The Barley Mow is at 700 March Road at Terry Fox. There is parking outside. I have a reservation under Kanata Boardgamers.

There is no tooney collection this week.

Visitors are always welcome. Come on in and check us out! If you decide to become a member it only costs $5 and entitles you to discount cards at select local games stores.

Note if you want the discount cards (for Fandom II, Toys on Fire, and Comic Book Shoppe), let me know & I'll have them made up. 100% of the $5 fee goes to Can Games to support kids games and the cards are good for 1 calendar year from the month you get them.

Please add to this thread with your suggestions of what to play.

I am still hoping to play either Imperial 2030 with Adam, or Lachlan's new game!

Hope to see you then!

Directions to the Barley Mow (from the East):

1. Take Queensway/417 to MARCH/MARCH RD. exit, EXIT 138, toward CH. EAGLESON/EAGLESON RD./KANATA. 600m
2. Take the MARCH ROAD NORTH ramp. 300m
3. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto MARCH RD/CHEMIN MARCH/RR-49 N. 3km
4. Proceed to 700 March, just at the Terry Fox intersection, on your right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Ruhland
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Kanata Board Gamers Monday 20 December 6:30PM **KANATA LEGION**
Unfortunately I will be out of town for the next week so I won't make the Monday meeting. Have fun everyone and Merry Christmas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bodnar
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll also be out of town this Monday. Hopefully back in two weeks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brant
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
srlarkin wrote:

I am still hoping to play either Imperial 2030 with Adam, or Lachlan's new game!

guess I should try and make it this time eh?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Larkin
Canada
Carp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night, I sat in the Barley Mow, sipping Creemore and reading thru' the rules of Ideology. I was just about to recruit/terrify two complete strangers into (or about) the whole Geekdom thing when I was rescued by Bill.

Bill!

Steve!

We two then sat down & played Haggis, TZAAR, Jaipur, Linja, and Onirim (twice).

Bill thanks especially for introducing me to 4 new games!

Folks, we're back in the Kanata Legion for the 3rd.

Happy Holidays!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Bekking
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
It was great fun!! Rarely do I get a chance to play two player games with another gamer. Thanks for play the abstracts, Steve. I know they're not everyone's cup of tea....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.