Popular Tags: Brick&Mortar_Store_directories [+] [View All]
Chad Winter
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted this same thread in another forum a week or two ago and got no response, so I'll try again. If anyone could help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.

Are there any game stores in Rome worth visiting? My mom will be there in a month or so and I'd like her to swing by and see if she can find some of the rarities that are on my list. Is Italy a decent place to look? I have no idea....

Thanks for any suggestions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Lettieri
Italy
Pomezia
flag msg tools
LL
badge
Magnus
mbmbmbmbmb
The obvious one is Strategia & Tattica, which you can find in Via Cavour (near the Coliseum, very central zone).

Note that most of the current games are on special order, so you may not find what you're looking for. They have a few old rarities, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keng Ho Pwee
Singapore
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked the same question at the end of January and the thread (with the URL for Citta Del Sole can be seen here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekforum.php3?action=viewthrea...

I had the bright idea of asking Davinci games where their products were stocked in Rome and this is the useful list they provided:

You can find our products, in Rome, in the following shops:
AURO 87 Via San Pio V, 1 (Roma) 06-50931243
BABY'S STORE GIOCATTOLI Viale XXI Aprile, 56 (Roma) 06-44238806
BECCHI S.N.C. Via Boccea, 245 (Roma) 06-6630957
CASA MIA Via Appia Nuova, 146 (Roma) 06-70491838
CIMINI Via Prenestina, 421A (Roma) 06-2594895
CITTA' DEL SOLE Via della Scrofa, 65 (Roma) 06-68803805
CITTA' DEL SOLE Via Buonarroti, 6 - ang. Via Merulana (Roma) 06-48930292
CITTA' DEL SOLE Via Somalia, 61 (Roma) 06-86218879
DRAGON STORE Piazza delle Crociate, 18 (Roma) 06-4404405
GIOCOFOLLIA Via Parma, 5/5A (Roma) 06-4746415
Viale Gorizia 60 (Roma) 06-8541729
P.zza della Balduina 35 (Roma) 06-35343713
Viale dell'Aeronautica 103 (Roma) 06-5920592
GIORNI GIOCATTOLI Via Pompeo Magno, 84 (Roma) 06-3216929
LA TERRA DI MEZZO Via di Val Tellina, 45 (Roma) 06-536847
MACI SHOP Viale dei Salesiani (Roma) 06-71101669
MAG.GIO Piazza C. Mazzaresi, 36 (Roma) 06-35450413
MARZI OTELLO Piazza Filippo Carli, 19/20 (Roma) 06-36306722
OCCHIENA Circ.ne Gianicolense, 252/C (Roma) 06-5827851
PERGIOCO V. degli Scipioni, 109 - Metro Ottaviano (Roma) 06-38737172
STRATEGIA E TATTICA Via Cavour, 248/250 (Roma) 06-4824684
SUPER BABY Via Annia Regilla, 121 (Roma) 06-7185153
VALGRUP Via Q. Varo, 15/19 (Roma) 06-7480652
ZIO CHARLY Via Trionfale, 86 (Roma) 06-30601041
IL TEMPIO Via Acilia, 32 (Acilia, RM) 06-5250499
D'AGOSTINO Via XX Settembre, 23/25 (Monterotondo, RM) 06-9068227

I visited Strategia e Tattica and the Citta Del Sole shop at Via Buonarroti. Range of games was fair. I suggest you look up the Tilsit range of games to get an idea of what's available.

Regards,
Keng Ho

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I lived in Rome for a summer in 1999, so my information may not be entirely accurate as it's from memory and it's nearly 6 years old. I lived up by Piazza Navona and on Vittorio Emmanuel up that way are a string of 3 stores that each had some unique finds.

One was a 2 story toy store. The first story was all kinds of childrens stuffed animals and wooden block type stuff, but the second floor was well stocked with everything from Formula DE and all the expansions to the really big footie boardgame with nearly every team / addon / etc. Finally there were a ton of American style boardgames up there like Lionheart which, I think, was basically brand new at the time so they were in stock and had tons of stuff there.

There was another store that was mainly an electronics store that had like computer games and digital cameras in the window next to it and they had some real old versions of games like Risk piled up in a side room for sale.

Finally, around the corner was the "cleaning supplies and kitchen store." I have no idea what to call it because it had aisle after aisle of kitchen appliances and cleaning supplies. But in the last aisle there were a TON of vintage childrens toys. I'm kicking myself that I didn't pick some up because there are probably worth a ton. They had a whole original He-Man Castle Greyskull with a ton of He-Men figures still in their original packaging (Moss Man, Teela, and I think Prince Eric). They also had a few Kenner Star Wars figures. A buddy that was living with me bought a few of them (Emporer's Guard, Hoth Han Solo, etc. there were probably 15 - 20 of various figures there).

So..in any case...that's basically what I remember from it because it was just so random where you'd find things in Rome. I wish I could back because Rome is such an amazing town with tons of really fun things to do and see. All you Romans have it so good...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Strategia e Tattica srl
Italy
Roma
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
STRATEGIA & TATTICA's exact address is 250, Via Cavour, near the underground station "Cavour" of the "A" line. Phone number is (0039) 06-4824684, email strategia@mclink.it, hours 11,30 a.m. to 7,30 p.m. from Tuesday to Saturday, closed on Sunday and Monday morning. S&T started in 1984, and is one of the oldest Italian stores devoted to boardgames, 3D wargames, role-playing games, and collectible card games. You won't find there games for PC or PlayStation. S&T is renowned overall for its own production of wargame miniatures, accurate painting service, and for "Magic Bazaar", a kind of stock market for Magic the Gathering single cards. Of course European style games have their own room in the store, as well as the American style ones. We sell by mail worldwide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Winter
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone for the info. This will be very helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.