Subject: Lane change variant and others rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He are some untested ideas I have for all of you who feel at all you need to win are a few lucky rolls.

1) Lane change rolls now have less luck involved. Each speed as a predetermined set of lane changes you can perform , but a lane change roll to see if you get 1 extra lane change.

Speed Free lane changes die roll for 1 extra free lane change
4 Any amount None
5 Any amount None
6 5 4+ on a D6
7 5 5+ on a D6
8 4 2+ on a D6
9 4 4+ on a D6
10 3 4+ on a D6
11 2 4+ on a D6
12 2 6 on a D6
14 1 2+ on a D6
16 1 4+ on a D6
18 0 None

2) May only use 2 points of steering a turn. Your tires can't take anymore extra stress

3) You have unlimited Brakes and Turbo. Not sure you need this with the limited lane changes , but thought it was an interesting idea. Brakes might actually get used more often.

4) Pick your own car and driver setup. make tokens to place over your car and driver equipment spots to build your own car. Pick2 of the 4 car equipment and 2 of the 4 Driver weapons. You would need 6 tokens each for the 8 pieces of equipment. Plus you would need to make extra steering and structure tokens when a car takes the 2 extra points but it isn't part of their control sheet. Then the first 2 points you use you would turn in the tokens instead of marking it off on your control panel.

5) I like the mine rules and the side bump rules for the Arcade version way better than the Overdrive Version, I would use those. At least cause 1 point of damage if a car is side bumped into a wall. Also could increase mines to hit on a 1,2,3 and maybe 4 plus cause 2 points of damage

6)Zombiegod's variant for oil slick, napalm, and caltrops are great. ! woulds have any player who took the mine layer be able to mix and match up t 4 mines. I.e.) have a 4 mines or 2 mines , 2 caltrops, or 1 of each. Anything that adds up to 4.

that is all my thought for now.

Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
7) Just thought of another variant to add to the list. If you are in corner soace, you may make a free lane change to an adjacent outer corner space. Basically you are not turning as hard in the corner and letting the drift up the corner.

Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.