Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Burkhard
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We recently taught Grandpa how to play this game, and even though he does not yet understand all of the subtleties of card play, he has been asking to play it again and again.

A question came up today and I am not sure of the answer.

When a lady is moved to the Isle of Avalon with a Knight, can she then use an optional ability on a future turn, even if it is an option that will discard her at the end of the turn?

P.S. Props in advance to Andrew Parks, the creator of this game, who is prompt and efficient when answering questions regarding the rules!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Marvel Strike Teams (2018)
badge
Marvel Strike Teams: November 2018
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Isle of Avalon Question
Hi, Paul.

I'm very happy to hear that you are still enjoying Camelot and showing it to new players. Thanks also for your nice comments about Camelot here on BGG.

In answer to your question, both the knight and the lady are able to use their card text as normal at the Isle of Avalon, even if this results in one or both of them being discarded. Keep in mind that even if your knight or lady is discarded from Avalon, you are not allowed to move any other knights or ladies there during that game.

Fortunately, you still receive Victory Points for your knight at Avalon even if his lady is discarded, so feel free to do so!

Andrew

--------------------------

Andrew Parks
Camelot Legends Designer
Z-Man Games, Inc.
webmaster@njkingdom.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Burkhard
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrew-

Thanks for getting back so quickly, as I knew that you would.

Along the same lines as the last question, what happens if we are at Isle of Avalon, I have Morgan La Fay and Sir Dagomet (for instance) and you have Guineveire and Sir Lamorak. During my optional card phase, I use Morgan La Fay to steal your Sir Lamorak, who is obviously better than Dagomet. Which knight can I use for the VPs at the Isle?

Have you ever thought about trying this system with the LOTR series? It might be a big hit, but I am not sure if the royalties would make such a project prohibitive.

Since showing Grandpa how to play, we have played 5 games in three days....

Keep up the good work!

Paul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, Paul.

It sounds like your grandpa has been having a good time! It seems like you've been having some pretty exciting games too.

Regarding your example above, you would indeed be able to use Lamorak's Adventure Score instead of Dagonet's since Lamorak officially becomes your Character. In this rare instance, you would need to choose one of your Knights because the Isle of Avalon implies that you only receive a score for one of your Knights. I'm sure the previous owner of Sir Lamorak was not pleased with Morgan le Fay!

Regarding the LOTR series, I am a huge fan of both the films and the books. It would certainly be a dream come true to use the Venture system from Camelot with a license like LOTR. I'm not sure how to go about such a pursuit, but it is certainly one I'll keep in mind!

Thanks again for your kind words and encouragement. I look forward to hearing about more of your game sessions.

Also, please pass on my gratitude to your grandpa for inspiring all this Camelot activity!

Andrew

------------

Andrew Parks
Camelot Legends Designer
Z-Man Games, Inc.
webmaster@njkingdom.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Burkhard
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrew Parks (#462266),

We are up to 8 games in three days. I had the chance to do a power move yesterday, which was a lot of fun. I used Sir Sagramore, Lady Isolde and Gouvernail to capture the "Battle of Caerleon" by adding 3 to Sagramore's Combat with Gouvernail and then doubling him with Isolde and his own optional power, getting him to 20 Combat. Of course, I lost him as soon as I got him, but I did get an extra move and 6 VPs.

The move took out a lot of my on board forces and I ended up losing 21 to 21 to 20 (me with 20).

It has been fun!

Paul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool! I have never seen a Character reach a 20 in anything, although I did get Percival up to a 16 Adventure one game by using his card text and Nascien, which allowed me to complete the Grail Castle.

I think you can get Sagramore up to a 44 Combat using Gouvernail, Gareth's Dwarf, Guinevere, King Lot, Excalibur and Isolde. It wouldn't be very practical, but it is possible!

Thanks again for the reports, Paul!

Andrew

------------------------------

Andrew Parks
Camelot Legends Designer
Z-Man Games, Inc.
webmaster@njkingdom.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.