Lord of the Rings: The Confrontation» Forums » General

Subject: Shadowfax Always Wins!? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]

NT. Hong Kong
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I played it actually just a few times. So I am not that qualified to judge this. Since I found that Shadowfax won at least 3 times in a row bringing Frodo from Shire directly to Mordor, I just don't want to play it (or should I say the Darkside) any more.

Did I play it right? Please correct me.surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
Re:Shadowfax Always Wins!?
casterlyrock (#461833),

The Shadowfax card lets you make one additional move - so it wouldn't be possible to go from the Shire to Mordor in one turn...

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franklin Lautert
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
casterlyrock (#461833),
I am not sure if it is a rules question or a strategy one.
It is not possible to move Frodo from Shire to Mordor in only one turn, if that is what was done. But you could use it to move Frodo from Fangorn to Mordor, for example, because you can make an extra move.
If you just meant that Frodo went from the Shire to Mordor in four turns (using the tunnel), and it was hard to get him, my advice is always try to have a character in Fangorn and the Flying Nazgul alive in the endgame. This way, you will surely be able to put Frodo to fight. But of course, it not always easy to be in this situation
At the beginnig, I also thought that Light was almost invincible with variant cards, but after playing with very experienced guys, I'd say that Dark is still stronger (though not so stronger as in the basic game).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
flautert (#461924),

My advice is to not use the variant cards anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found light winning all the time with the variant cards, mainly due to shadowfax. It either gets him through the mountains, OR the last two spaces into mordor.

And dark must hold fangorn, so gandalf cant come back.

I havent used them a ton though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

NT. Hong Kong
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I think I played it wrong then.

I used Shadowfax bring Frodo from Shire to Mordor in one single turn. Like a Rocket.laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.