Popular Tags: [View All]
andrew
Australia
bayswater
western australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I need a new bedside clock-radio. most of the new sexy ones have an IPOD cradle. but i don't own an IPOD. How ever i do have plenty of SD/MMC cards and USB sticks with music on.

Does anyone know of a memory card reader/USB host that will dock with an IPOD cradle? I've trolled google for some time now but have not had much luck.

Being able to buy a clock radio with an IPOD cradle that i can play music off a memory stick though must not be that uncommon..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Holt
England
Rayleigh
Essex
flag msg tools
This is not the cat you're looking for - some other cat maybe?
badge
tout passe, tout lasse, tout casse
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, the nature of the interface is so different that what you want isn't (AFAICT) available. Easier to find a clock radio with a USB (or SDHC or both) interface. Quite a few DAB radios or "internet radio"s have this.

Or get an iPod Touch and use it to play games also (runs most iPhone apps)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrew
Australia
bayswater
western australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I was hoping some pirate company in china may do such a thing (i'm still looking). i'll bet i'm not the only one to want this functionality.

I've had a look at some of the radio's you mention and i can't see one that gets me excited (yet). but i've seen-listened too some sweet ones that have the ipod cradle on them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
antiussentiment wrote:
I was hoping some pirate company in china may do such a thing (i'm still looking). i'll bet i'm not the only one to want this functionality.

So far Apple has only licensed devices to attach to an iPod/iPad using the 30-pin Dock Connector (30DC). I've never heard of them licensing, and seriously doubt they would, a device to use the connector to attach to devices meant for the iPod/iPad.

Just like with the MagSafe connector, the 30DC is wholly owned and patented by Apple, and they vigorously go after (even in China) those who attempt to create devices without a license or even create the connecting parts themselves for others to use. Heck, they even recently sued Sanho and won for using recycled genuine apple connectors on their unlicensed products.

With that said, it's not impossible that such a device did/does/might someday exist, but trying to google it might be a serious time sink since many of the keywords are fairly universal and will lead to many things you don't want. If you're in/near a major city it might be easier to just go to where the gray market electronic stores are and see if they have anything like that. Or, you could just get an old, used and cheap iPod.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Needle
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think this is what you are after but I bought this for the mrs for Christmas and it has an auxiliary input. Don't know if you can hook something up to it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain Triffitt
Australia
Five Dock, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nnf1 wrote:
I don't think this is what you are after but I bought this for the mrs for Christmas and it has an auxiliary input. Don't know if you can hook something up to it?

With a USB input it's a simple matter to get an adapter for an SD/MMC card, so that looks pretty much like what Andrew's after. It just needs a USB SD/MMC card reader.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrew
Australia
bayswater
western australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
wow!!!
that is some unit and i'm sorely tempted.

i think there would be no room for my evening scotch on my small bedside table though and it lacks a clock display (which is something i want).

what i'm going to do is buy a [geekurl=http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/p/2gb-digital-photoframe-mp5-player-8-5cm-lcd-screen-black/]tiny little cube (80mm square)[/geekurl] unit that doubles as a photo frame. it comes with a Li-ion battery so will work standalone for 15 hours (claimed) USB and MMC slots.. i doubt it will sound anything like the cool phillips. but then it's about $50..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mb
antiussentiment wrote:
wow!!!
that is some unit and i'm sorely tempted.

That's what she said!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Wouldn't you rather get the Stripper Clock?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.