Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
corey bowman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
what happens when a pilot goes over his shaken stress limit during combat?i know he becomes unfit and cant fly the next mission. do you treat it like getting a damaged result?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Arnaudo
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"My spoon is too big!"
mbmbmbmbmb
coreyb wrote:
do you treat it like getting a damaged result?

It is similar to damage, but not exactly the same. I simply follow the procedure at p. 4, top left column: the unfit pilot loses all weapons (not Pods), and can't attack or suppress, only evade. The rules don't specify it, but when a Hawkeye becomes unfit I also ignore all the special abilities he has instead of attack (like helping ignoring events, giving bonuses on die rolls, etc). It makes sense to me that if he is unfit he can't do such things... also, otherwise there'd be no real penalty for him.

However, there are differences between unfit and damaged status. One is that an unfit pilot does not lose situational awareness... so according to the rules it seems that an unfit flight leader can still give situational awareness. I personally houseruled that restriction (unshaken pilot can't give situational awareness) because it seems to make more sense this way.

Also, a damaged aircraft loses the Pod while an unfit pilot doesn't, but, most importantly, the airplane of an unfit pilot can be hit and given the damaged status TWICE before being destroyed, whereas
the damaged airplane will be destroyed at its next damaged result.

... and now, time for me to go and attack the major airfield in Lybia 1984. That's a tough one, but I have to take it down at all costs because its improvement on the other targets is just too good for them...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.