Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Rayburn
United States
Gulfport
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just came across this game, and I'm hoping to try the demo decks off the website tomorrow. While reading and looking at the 4th Edition rules, something stood out and I'm confused. In the 4thEd rules, it says a character must be put into a rank exactly equal to that character's level. For purposes of illustrating my question, assume I am the 1st player on the 1st turn. I have a Level 6 character in my hand. I use my Order for the turn to place that character on the board. Do I place him in Rank 6, meaning there are two empty ranks between him and my Warlord, resulting in the Lvl 6 character moving forward once, to Rank 5 and becoming Spent, then move forward again to Rank 4, becoming Stunned?

Most everything in the rules looks pretty straightforward, but I just can't wrap my brain around this one.

-Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Taylor-Smith
Canada
Okotoks
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Been awhile since I've played but to put a 6th level character on the board you would have to have at least five ranks filled with at least one character first. There cannot be 'empty' ranks. If a character is ALREADY in a rank and a preceeding rank gets empty (ie. through death, movement, etc.) that character 'falls forward' and bad things happen to it as described in the rules. In other words it's hard but not impossible to put high ranking 'killer' characters on the board.

There are ways to make it easier. There are cards in the game that allow characters to be played at lower ranks than their level. Cards that move characters around ranks making it easier to fill those back ranks to bring in the 'boss'. And so on. Warlords have different starting rules.

The game is designed so low level characters are useful as they appear in the front lines faster and easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Rayburn
United States
Gulfport
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so I was close lol. Thanks for the info!

-Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.