D-Day at Omaha Beach» Forums » General

Subject: Barrage and Disrupted Germans rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kenneth Lury
United States
Blowing rock
flag msg tools
I am in turn 7 and am doing better than ever before.
Why ?
Because I read somewhere in the forums how useful tank barrage is disrupting WN and I finally remembered the rule that says the disrupted markers on the WN remain until a German attack card with their color comes up again.

These two things in combination are making a huge difference. So far I have only lost 3 infantry and have taken out 1 WN, but now my troops are in close and lots of WN are disrupted so I should have a pretty good next turn, Especially with a General, Hero and HQ on the beach.

This is only about the fifth play of DDOH, as I have been devoting lots of time to figuring out new games. I think I will leave it out for a while after the current game is finished. Sadly, very few of my other games match this one for overall fun and ease of play.

DDOH has a very nice balanced blend of easy set up, fog of war, tough and flexible tactical decisions, tension, very good AI and superb rulebook.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Boutet
msg tools
Yes it certainly helps to get some successful barrages so infantry have a fighting chance to make it past that band of death. My second game and my first with "The First Waves". It's only turn 4 but I've managed to disrupt WN62S,WN62N,WN66N,WN68N and WN72N. I have a 3 step and 2 step infantry units in hex0713 poised to try and take out WN62N this turn. That's the good news. The bad is that the 3 event cards so far have been pro-German including the heavy fire one to reduce me to one action per sector during turn 3.

I agree about all the positive things you have listed about this game. I love how easy it is to resolve enemy fire and thought how great it would be to adapt this system some how to the naval stage of "Raid on St. Nazaire".

I already picked up "Operation Jubilee" and will definitely be getting the 2 Pacific games in the works.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.