Popular Tags: [View All]
David Seddon
United Kingdom
Congleton
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be going on holiday to Belgium in May. I've been twice before and our family love it.

We'll be staying near Ostend and visiting there and Brussels. We've been to Ghent, Bruges and Antwerp in the past - but you never know, we could go again.

Where are the best games shops in Belgium? Esp if they are easy to locate/get to?

Will I find games there are cheaper than the UK?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Halloween Jack
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
I hate to disappoint you, but the boardgames aren't very cheap over here. I myself buy mostly in Germany.

There are a couple of toy-store chains : Droomland and Bart Smit who have the occasional game at reduced prices. For the moment Bart Smit has 'Villa Paletti' for 10 euro (apr. 6,5 £) which is a great price. Droomland had Puerto Rico at 25 € a while back and Axis and Allies for 35 €. These games were of course in Dutch version.

In Bruges you have Fair Play (Spoorwegstraat) which has some German games, no bargains here however. In Ghent you have Red Dragon, which had a 50% sale in february.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Karvonen
Finland
Tampere
Tampere
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't say much about the prices, but I've had lots of good experiences with Dédale in Brussels. It is located in Galerie du Cinquantenaire, 32 avenue de Tervueren, very close to the subway station of Merode. You can find their webpages at http://www.dedale.be/

They have a pretty good selection, although not an exceptional one, with certain somewhat uncommon items.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Scott Duvall
United States
Springfield
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mb
gnomehome wrote:
I hate to disappoint you, but the boardgames aren't very cheap over here. I myself buy mostly in Germany.

What stores in Germany do you buy from? I did not know if the places you mentioned were in Germany as well or not. I am going to be in Heidelberg and Munich for a couple of days in June and was hoping to find a game store and pick up a couple of games. Do you know of any stores in these places (of the not too pricy variety)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Halloween Jack
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Armagron wrote:
What stores in Germany do you buy from? I did not know if the places you mentioned were in Germany as well or not. I am going to be in Heidelberg and Munich for a couple of days in June and was hoping to find a game store and pick up a couple of games. Do you know of any stores in these places (of the not too pricy variety)?

Mostly Adamspielt and Allgames, I buy from them once a year at Essen. The chains I mentioned are in Belgium.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.