Patrick MacFarlane
United States
Boalsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I recently played a game where the following occured and I wanted to see if we misplayed any of it.

1. Player 1 executive ordered Player 2 (at FTL Location)
2. Player 2 uses action 1 to jump.
3. The distance travelled is now 4+ so we deal out new loyalty cards.
4. Player 2 takes action 2 to reveal as a cylon.
5. We resolve the crisis card since Player 1 gave the executive order, so it was his turn.
6. The cylon player's turn is next. He plays his super crisis.

My three biggest questions are:
Does the second action still exist after an FTL jump?
Do we still play a crisis card after an FTL jump?
Do we still play a crisis card if a cylon reveals from an executive order?
If a cylon revealed with the first action of an executive order, can he then take a cylon action?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the answer to all of your questions, except the last, is "yes." As for the last, my impression is that once a cylon player reveals, that's it for his turn, even if he's been XO'd.

In any event, I'm really responding to say that this scenario is exactly why you should be leery about XO'ing the very next player until you're convinced of his loyalty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes
Yes
Yes
No
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only exception to this is Cavil from the expansion. If he uses his OPG he gets all three actions regardless. It's his OPG and that can't be taken away from him. So he could reveal and then draw two Super Crisis cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick MacFarlane
United States
Boalsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the quick responses to confirm that we played it correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Davidson
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Danath wrote:
The only exception to this is Cavil from the expansion. If he uses his OPG he gets all three actions regardless. It's his OPG and that can't be taken away from him. So he could reveal and then draw two Super Crisis cards.

However, remember that Cavil's OPG is a movement, so can't be done off of an XO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kargie wrote:
Danath wrote:

However, remember that Cavil's OPG is a movement, so can't be done off of an XO.

Correct. I just didn't want anyone to think Cavil lost his extra actions from his OPG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Danath wrote:
kargie wrote:
Danath wrote:

Correct. I just didn't want anyone to think Cavil lost his extra actions from his OPG.
Can someone source this? I seem to remember otherwise and am likely wrong, but this kind of thing is always nice t ohave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel Yap
Philippines
Pasig City
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Source what - that a Movement ability cannot be used during XO? Look at the Pegasus rule book, p. 18, Frequently Overlooked Rules:
Quote:
A player may only use a Movement ability on his turn (not when allowed to move during another player's turn, as with an "Executive Order" Skill Card). A player may either move or use a Movement ability during his Movement step, but not both. He may not use more than one Movement ability per turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:

Can someone source this? I seem to remember otherwise and am likely wrong, but this kind of thing is always nice to have

I'm trying to remember where I saw it but I was shocked when I read it. I'll have to look around the forms. It was brought up in the last 2-3 months if I remember right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tim Uren, FFG, to kushiel wrote:

Q: Can Cavil use his OPG to infiltrate Galactica and take actions as a human player, or uninfiltrate and take actions as a Cylon?
A: The actions Cavil gains by using his once-per-game ability are not lost when he uses one of them to infiltrate or stop infiltrating. While the abilities on Skill Cards (aside from Treachery cards) cannot be used on revealed Cylons (which is why the second action granted by an XO is lost once a Cylon leader becomes a "Cylon" again), the abilities on Cavil's character sheet, on the other hand, are available to him whether he is a Cylon or he is infiltrating as a human.

UFAQ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TerminusEst wrote:
Source what - that a Movement ability cannot be used during XO? Look at the Pegasus rule book, p. 18, Frequently Overlooked Rules:
Quote:
A player may only use a Movement ability on his turn (not when allowed to move during another player's turn, as with an "Executive Order" Skill Card). A player may either move or use a Movement ability during his Movement step, but not both. He may not use more than one Movement ability per turn.
I should've been more specific. I was on my iPod Touch and had to leave in a hurry. I was referring to Cavil's actions still being available after uninfiltrating
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Michaels
United States
Glen Ridge
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with all the answers, but I guess my question would be when the Loyalty cards come out. Is it correct that they are dealt in the middle of an XO?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd France
United States
flag msg tools
IF ONLY I had a plan...
badge
The lesser of two evils?
mbmbmbmbmb
al_fredo wrote:
I agree with all the answers, but I guess my question would be when the Loyalty cards come out. Is it correct that they are dealt in the middle of an XO?

Yes; immediately after resolving the Jump.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.