Mark Daniels
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my copy in the post today so thought i would share my thoughts on openingthe bag.

As you would expect the quality is great. Cards and the links match in well with the original game pieces, the card backs are exactly the same and the cards are marked with a portal symbol so you can remove them from the game with ease.

You get 24 portal links and 10 new cards. The cards are all feature ways on how to use the portals. Such as the ability to face monsters to move through a portal in thier room or to flip the portal link over to its alternate colour on the reverse.

The links themselves come in all 6 colours (different colours on face and front) and with some multi coloured wild card portals as well.

There is no extra setting up you just mix the links in with the ones from the original games and the cards in with the Deux Ex Munkin deck.#

The basic potal allows you to travel between matched colour portals (or wild card multi colour portals), but the cards add much more interesting variants.

My only worry is that with 100 links already in the game if you use the base set and expansion is that the chance of getting a matching portal in any game is fairly small and so wont have much of an effect o gameplay........I may have to buy a second set just to increase the chance of mayhem.
I also have to say that the price is fairly high (at least here in the U.K. for the amount of stuff you get. A few more cards or an extra monster or two might have been nice.

It is good to have an expansion or the game though....after all it has been 18 months since the last one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I love Munchkin with the right crowd, but I felt that Quest took a game(Munchkin) that already felt like it dragged on in the end and overstayed its welcome and turned it into an even longer game. Is there anything to the expansion that either makes the longer play time more enjoyable or shortens it altogether?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steel N Dirt
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The big drag on MQ was that the options for helping others were diminished while the options for hurting others stayed the same. Barring god hands (I have seen people get to levels 9 & 10 on the first turn), the game ends up devolving into teams of two just to make sure that there is always someone around to help. It would probably make the game go by faster if you could move someone more than just one room to help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.