Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Tibbetts
United States
Oak Lawn
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sunday to Sunday, the Manhattan project was tested by 4 different groups.

Session 1:

4 Players. Myself, another veteran player, a second-timer, and a newcomer. One player secured most of the powerful factories, launched 2 devastating and retaliation-free air strikes and nearly won. It was a very close and balanced, yet asymmetrical game.

Session 2:

3 Players. All were new to the game. The obvious leader at the half-way point, with several mines and high-output reactors, was not the final winner. The espionage player infiltrated this player heavily resulting mainly in intercepting his cash flow, which the espionage player clearly needed to operate enrichment plants. There were no air strikes. The game started on the same table and at the same time as a 4-player game of Kingsburg. Manhattan Project finished about 20 minutes faster.

Session 3:

2 Players. Myself and 1 new player. There was extensive espionage and 1 air strike. Unsurprisingly I won, as our experience levels were not evenly matched. (And I do not show mercy! devil)

Session 4:

4 Players. Myself and 3 new players. 2 of these players were 11 years old. They caught on picked up the rules and understood how to play as readily as many adults have. (Whether they were able to make value judgments as accurately as adult players was questionable though.) It was a cash poor game as the money-making factories did not appear until near the end. There were 2 air strikes, one involving a negotiation.

---------------------

Not to gloat, but of the 3 games I played in, I won all 3. I have much more experience with the game than anyone else, so I'm pleased with this outcome as it indicates that the game rewards experience and skill.

I have not chosen to make a single modification to the game as a result of these tests. It's really entering the final stages of development!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.