SnipedintheHead
United States
Burlington
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
I went to BGG and I all got was this Overtext
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the creativity that you have, and I would encourage you to keep trying to make more Wonders. I get the impression this game could be a lot like Smallworld, with a lot of people making their own ideas and adding them to the game.

That said, I think a few of your Wonders are unbalanced, or just not fun to play.

Quote:
3. Machu Picchu of Peru
initial resource: 7 Coins
first stage: 2 VPs. On your turn, once during the game, you can build a yellow card of your choice for free.
second stage: You receive an additional 3VP token from the supply when you discard a card of your choice for 3 coins.
third stage: 4VPs. At the end of the game, you receive 2 points for every 3 coins in your possession, instead of 1 point.

I'm pretty sure this wonder is broken. If you finished building this wonder on the last stage of the first round, it would be worth 66 points by itself. By discarding a card every round, it would give you 5 vp (3 for the 2nd ability and 2 from the 3 coins you would get). Do that 12 times with the 6 VP's you get for the wonder and you have a wonder that will win most games. Also, if you finished it during the 2nd age, it would be worth 36 points, still quite the sum for doing nothing but dicarding cards.

I would never play if the Taj Mahal, the Petra or the Colosseum were sitting to the left or right of me. All three of these cards just sound incredibly unfun to be sitting next to. Plus, they all take out some of the skill in the game "What? The cool combo that I built up is gone because you got 2 stones? That sucks"

Quote:
6. Chichen Itza of Mexico
initial resource: 1 Tablet
first stage: 3 Coins. On your turn, once during the game, you can build a green card of the second age of your choice for free.
second stage: 1 Cogwheel
third stage: 1 Compass

7. Statue of Christ Redeemer of Brazil
initial resource: 3 VPs
first stage: 2VPs. On your turn, once during the game, you can build a blue card of the second age of your choice for free.
second stage: 4VPs. You receive a coin for blue card built in the your city and in the two neighboring cities.
third stage: You receive 1 VP for blue card built in the your city and in the two neighboring cities.

Both of these seem close to being good, but there is some confusion as to how they would be used. What happens if I build them during the 1st age, do I get to pick through the age II deck and pick out the card that I want? What if I pick them in the 3rd age, do I go back & pick up the discarded one?

I do like the idea behind the Chicha Itza, but I honestly have no idea how it would play.

I like the thought of the Statue of Christ, but again I don't know how balanced it would be. It seems like it would be kinda swingy, which, I guess, may or may not be good. It has the potential to be worth 12-13 points, or only 3 or 4

I'm also kinda torn on the Great Wall. Without playing with it, I don't know how good it would be. It could turn out to be a very good wonder. I do question though, the value of the final stage. The first 2 stages encourage you to go heavy military, while the final one encourages you to go light military.

Sorry if it comes across so harsh, I really do love seeing people with new wonder ideas. Also, I don't believe it's been officially announced yet, but I believe I read somewhere that they have been doing playtesting on some expansions, so they certainly already have plans in the works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Jon with respect to the 3 wonders that affect the neighboring players...I think wonders can't be allowed to steal cards from neighbors...it would really stink to be a neighbor to one of those wonders and have no way to counter it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kwang Il Kim
South Korea
Seoul
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your kind comment!

I didn't calculate the VPs for Machu Picchu in your way.

I changed the effect of the second stage and the third.
initial resource: 7 Coins
first stage: 2 VPs. On your turn, once during the game, you can build a yellow card of your choice for free.
second stage: 3 VPs. You receive an additional 1 VP token from the supply when you discard a card of your choice for 3 coins.
third stage: 4 VPs. At the end of the game, you receive 1 points for every 2 coins in your possession instead.

Even if the player builds his/her Wonder the first 3 turn and discard all cards in every turn,
he/she receives 51 VPs in total:
15 VPs: bonus VPs for discarding 15 cards
27 VPs: for 7+48 coins.
9 VPs: for all 3 stage of the Wonder

But the player have to buy about 9 resources to build the Wonder.
So substract 9 points for the trading.

I expect the owner of Machu Picchu will earn about 42 VPs in this way.

If the player build a yellow card in the early game, he/she would lose 2 VPs(1 for VP token, 1 for 3 coins) but spend coins less for trading.

To prevent the owner of Machu Picchu from wining games easily,
each stage of the Wonder requires more resource(and/or coins) so that the player BUILDs more buildings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Pittock
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
Its great to see someone else making some new wonders :)

I posted a few of mine not so long ago, but its really interesting to see another persons take on things. I think i like your Colosseum the best

Quote:
The Colosseum of Italy
initial resource: 1 Shield

1st stage: 2 VPs. After the next military conflict, you force any ONE neighboring city which was beaten by you to discard a brown or gray card from their cities.
2nd stage: 3 VPs. After the next military conflict, you force any ONE neighboring city which was beaten by you to discard a red or yellow card from their cities.
3rd stage: 4 VPs. After the next military conflict, you force any ONE neighboring city which was beaten by you to discard a blue or purple card from their cities.

Though its probably worth stating who gets to choose the card which is discarded if the player has more than 1. If the Colosseum player gets to choose i would say its a bit to powerful. The owner should get to choose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten ◄► Wesel
Germany
Pinneberg-Quellental
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kanachi wrote:
Its great to see someone else making some new wonders

I posted a few of mine not so long ago.
Where?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kwang Il Kim
South Korea
Seoul
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kanachi wrote:
Its great to see someone else making some new wonders

I posted a few of mine not so long ago, but its really interesting to see another persons take on things. I think i like your Colosseum the best

Quote:
The Colosseum of Italy
initial resource: 1 Shield

1st stage: 2 VPs. After the next military conflict, you force any ONE neighboring city which was beaten by you to discard a brown or gray card from their cities.
2nd stage: 3 VPs. After the next military conflict, you force any ONE neighboring city which was beaten by you to discard a red or yellow card from their cities.
3rd stage: 4 VPs. After the next military conflict, you force any ONE neighboring city which was beaten by you to discard a blue or purple card from their cities.

Though its probably worth stating who gets to choose the card which is discarded if the player has more than 1. If the Colosseum player gets to choose i would say its a bit to powerful. The owner should get to choose.

Thanks for your compliment!
Some don't like such a interaction but I think the others want it.

Colosseum will make a neighboring city dependent on others for resources after the first stage.
After the second stage, Colosseum player can build the foundations to beat the neighboring cities in the military conflicts.
Finally, Colosseum will let a neighboring city destroy a building which is worth at least 3 VPs after the third.

I think Colosseum player wouldn't get many VPs via his/her wonder (at most 9 VPs) but the player would surely receive VP tokens after the military conflicts.
Because it's Rome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Crowe
United States
Mount Savage
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I missing something? What are the costs for each of the stages for these proposed wonders? Or was that one of the things you were hoping to hammer out in this forum?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kwang Il Kim
South Korea
Seoul
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gregcrowe wrote:
Am I missing something? What are the costs for each of the stages for these proposed wonders? Or was that one of the things you were hoping to hammer out in this forum?

Yep, we are missing the most important thing, building costs!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls