Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andreas
Germany
München
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did anyone already receive the latest issue of the Battles magazine ? I do not get any infos on their homepage. It should be out in November?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William De Prêtre
Belgium
Zuienkerke
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It should start shipping today or tomorrow according the info posted to Consimworld
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Taylor
United States
Berryville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Just Another Washed Up Wargamer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been adding 2-3 months to the "date" on the website to have it resemble the actual ship date. Seems accurate thus far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos A. L. de Miranda
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mb
I'm still waiting Battles #2 shake

calm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
olivier revenu
France
urt
Pyrennees atlantiques
flag msg tools
designer
mb
the magazines shipped yesterday and today.

Delays... Yes we're really late this time and we were already late with the two previous ones. Sorry for that. We're looking for solutions to bring the magazine out on time. Not easy...

Carlos, you're serious ? if yes, please send me a mail or an MP here and I will repair that asap. Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wintz
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
Boo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Olivier, since you're here, how much is a Battles subscription USD?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
PROTEIN. WATER. LIQUOR.
mbmbmbmbmb
Crabe tambour wrote:
the magazines shipped yesterday and today.

Delays... Yes we're really late this time and we were already late with the two previous ones. Sorry for that. We're looking for solutions to bring the magazine out on time. Not easy...

Carlos, you're serious ? if yes, please send me a mail or an MP here and I will repair that asap. Thanks

He might refer to both issue #1 and #2 being labeled 1

Looking forward to the new issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mwintz wrote:
Olivier, since you're here, how much is a Battles subscription USD?

http://www.battlesmagazine.com/eshop/mag-5/subscriber.php

100 Euro for a 4-issue subscription (plus bonus game, as long as they are still available) after shipping anywhere in the world. The actual USD price will vary depending on conversion rates. According to www.xe.com, that would be roughly $131 USD right now if you can find somewhere that offers the same rates.

It seems expensive but isn't that far off from other magazines that include full games with every issue. My experience is that the price is justified, although that's entirely a personal opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
newuser wrote:
My experience is that the price is justified, although that's entirely a personal opinion.

Fully agreed - Battles Magazine just explodes with wargaming goodness. Highly recommended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Wesley
United States
Mechanicsville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Crabe tambour wrote:
We're looking for solutions to bring the magazine out on time.

Instead of busting your hump to get the next one out "on time", simply reset expectations by establishing a more realistic release date. Then, bust your hump to get it out on time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lai
Hong Kong
Happy Valley
None
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Best wargaming magazine out there in my opinion, I wouldn't bother with other magazines for reviews and articles, I think Battles magazine is the best for those. I usually buy other magazines (like AtO, S&T, W@W, C3i) for a specific game or in-house organ game variants/expansions, but not for reviews/previews... they tend to be a little more than bias... on occasion you'll get a good historical article in these other magazines, usually an article to get you in the mood for the magazine game, but thats about it.

(side note: Magazine games are pretty notorious for lack of playtesting and QC problems, but so far Battles Magazine's games have been quite good, the quality of the components are some of the best)

Keep up the good work guys...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Taylor
United States
Berryville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Just Another Washed Up Wargamer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you reset your production schedule (the next issue is supposed to be out, well, now...) that might help a bit.

It's always worth the wait, so I look forward to its arrival.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.