Mark Mokszycki
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see several pics posted for this game that claim they are from the 2 player game, but the game description says it is for 3-5. I was wondering... does this game work for 2 players? It looks interesting, but only on rare occasions do I have more than 2 people. Thanks in advance for your replies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Z
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Re:2 players?
duckweed (#462272),
I saw a 2 player variant in the files here on BGG. But it's written in a very weird way (they are Brazilians not english) and I wasn't able to figure out the thing.
Let me know if you manage to find something.meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubiratã Oliveira
Brazil
Porto Alegre
Rio Grande do Sul
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Mark and LuZa...
Ok sorry! English isn´t my language I brazilian, but the 2 player variant is well playable...Here, sometimes (my group have 6 players) when we have only two players to play the 2-players variant work well (the 3 variant work well two - TRIUNVIRATU)...
Do you have some question about the rules?...
I feel good if I can help...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L Z
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
ubirata (#462494),
in no way I meant to offend your work! meeple
I'm very interested in a two players version to play against my girlfriend. Maybe I'll just study the variant more in depth.
I'll let you know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
duckweed (#462272),

Someone should definitly make up a specific scenario or two in the same vein as "Triumvirate" for some classic two-part conflicts in the area, say Hannibal vs Rome or Greece city states vs Persia or even the Trojan war (with rules for sieges etc). The trade aspect would loose some of its appeal though.

Any takers...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubiratã Oliveira
Brazil
Porto Alegre
Rio Grande do Sul
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LuZa (#462581),
I really know that you don´t want offend me ,
my English is really soooooo bad ,
and I not angry I only want help the people that wish try my variation...
And change experience...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Birch
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
hey folks, I'm picking this game up at the weekend from a friend and looks like we might have 3-5 players, however that's a rare occasion and i've read the two player translation - looks good well done!

I'm going to give it a go next week but I'm determined to find ways of playing this game two player - i know it's meant to be a game for a large group but i refuse to believe it can't be as enjoyable for just two.

I like the idea of scenario's, and maybe stronger neutral countries may work. I'll share some thoughts here once i get my hands on it, though I won't have the expansion just yet as i want to see who the basic game plays (with the revised rules of course!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't tried the 2 player variant. My instincts say this game would not be worth playing with 2. Its not worth playing with 3, and removing a player won't help.

The game is a classic multiplayer wargame for 5 or 6 and excels as such. It is not a 2-player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.