Subject: WOW! games on sale at coolstuffinc rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a bunch more games were added to their sale list overnight. check them out.

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/main_saleItems.php

to point out a few:

Cyclades Board Game $29.99
Campaign Manager 2008 $14.99
Stone Age Board Game $22.49
Invasion From Outer Space: The Martian Game $31.99
Wits & Wagers 2nd Edition Board Game $14.99
Dungeons & Dragons Castle Ravenloft Board Game $34.99
Vasco da Gama Board Game $24.99

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MFK
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They're killing me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucio Rodriguez
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
designer
Yep, more words here.
badge
This is overtext. Man, what an awesome use of 100 geekgold! :)
mbmbmbmbmb

...meh, not anything I can't live without.

Wait, wait...okay, I stand corrected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
There's some irony in that the more they discount games, the more I find myself saying, "I could never get to free shipping."

Likewise, the higher it is, the more likely I am to say, "well, it could wait..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fitzgerald
United States
Mazomanie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's easy to fix. Start playing an LCG. Don't try to keep up to date on it. Then every time you order, you have your fill-in money!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stokes
United States
Chatham
Illinois
flag msg tools
BoardGameGeek
badge
BoardGameGeek
mbmbmbmbmb
Shame the Race for the Galaxy expansions aren't on sale anymore. I would have easily found $100 of stuff to get free shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like after my posting on Miniature Market they went and matched MM's price on Castle Ravenloft and Horus Heresy. I'm still bummed they didn't put Battles of Westeros back on the list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
abe18 wrote:
Vasco da Gama Board Game $24.99

now that just sucks a friend and I each bought a copy at $29.99 and now it's even lower... looks like those who didn't jump in on each individual "sale" luck out, have to remember that next year
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah, I love/hate these deals this year...

On the plus, at least we'll have some cool stuff in the first quarter Math trades!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich S
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And best of all, Leonardo Da Vinci is only $9.99
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bien HBB
United States
Downingtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
So, I really haven't been buying games for that long (less than a year). Is this really the best time of year to buy board games? Or is this holiday season a fluke?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E D
United States
wilton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pagames wrote:
So, I really haven't been buying games for that long (less than a year). Is this really the best time of year to buy board games? Or is this holiday season a fluke?

Its going to be hard but I may avoid buying games next year saving up for post thanksgiving the deals have been that good. Of course ill still try to sneak in a game so I can get free shipping when ordering for a friend so I don't have to stop cold turkey
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Verbeeck
Belgium
Mol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phew. If I lived in the states I had to order all of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Fitzgerald
United States
Mazomanie
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pagames wrote:

There are always sales around the holidays. I think this holiday is an exception in terms of: # of different games, how deep the discount is, how many sites are doing it, etc.

It used to be that Fantasy Flight Games would do this sale every year and have really ridiculously nice prices on games, like $50 games for $10. What you're seeing this year is the individual retailers also following suit.

It's definitely worth saving a little money back for this time of year. But seriously, learn from my mistakes, don't buy games because of their price. Buy games because they're games that you'll play. If you pick up a bunch of games at 60% off but they never hit the table, you're wasting your money, time, and energy. Instead get stuff you will love!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick
United States
Savage
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
phosrik wrote:
And best of all, Leonardo Da Vinci is only $9.99
A couple of small rule changes and this is a good game. Also the components are easily worth it: 5 resource card types and 5 colors of 9 wooden meeples.

-Warning: Controversial Opinion Incoming-
I've played Leonardo several times with 2-5 people and only played Agricola once but I preferred the former.
-Controversial Opinion Over-

I'm sure with more plays of Agricola I would learn the folly of my ways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W Nash
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
RiffRaff14 wrote:
A couple of small rule changes and this is a good game. Also the components are easily worth it: 5 resource card types and 5 colors of 9 wooden meeples.

-Warning: Controversial Opinion Incoming-
I've played Leonardo several times with 2-5 people and only played Agricola once but I preferred the former.
-Controversial Opinion Over-

I'm sure with more plays of Agricola I would learn the folly of my ways.

I too, prefer Leonardo over The Gric!

What rule changes are you referring to?

MadK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Almost every one of these sales has had one game I want on discount, but removed the discount on the other games I want. I feel like one of those circus clowns trying to pick up a dozen oranges at once, and every time I pick one up, I drop another one or two in the process.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jordan berg
Andorra
Arkansas
flag msg tools
nice..! I want to order it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Ziemba
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
I've had BSG: Exodus pre-order with CSI for weeks now. I contacted their CSR and was told they would combine orders free of charge (just pick in store pick-up and them email them to combine). I've done three small orders which wouldn't have qualified for free shipping and have combined them with my free shipping order to take advantage of several of the recent deals. Props to CSI for great customer service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grue
United States
SF East Bay
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
if westeros was still on there, i'd be checking out right now.

I guess that's a good thing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Armcode wrote:
I've had BSG: Exodus pre-order with CSI for weeks now. I contacted their CSR and was told they would combine orders free of charge (just pick in store pick-up and them email them to combine). I've done three small orders which wouldn't have qualified for free shipping and have combined them with my free shipping order to take advantage of several of the recent deals. Props to CSI for great customer service.

I would have liked to have done that with the 1st sale on Nov. 29th!!! Ie. place an order, ask them to hold, then keep adding to it.. used to be able to do that with the Boulder Games one per sales
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick
United States
Savage
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
madkestrel wrote:
What rule changes are you referring to?

We flip up new inventions after every round. I think at the end of round 8 the rules state you skip that step. There are some other minor set-up things we've changed too, but that rule we do for every game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Smith
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
Add me to the list of people that likes Leonardo better than Agricola. I'm not the only one on my game group that thinks so either. Other than the poorly translated instructions,I can't imagine why this game isn't rated higher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Leonardo a lot too, definitely recommend it.

I don't see what the rule change is doing for you, the last couple of rounds you're generally just finishing what you've already started.

It's meant to be a 7 round game, they're just nice and let you research a couple of times to limit the amount of unfinished inventions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick
United States
Savage
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In 2 and 3 player games I usually end up with extra resources and the ability to research another 1 or two things, but without the inventions to do it. But in 4 and 5 player games I can see why the last two rounds are just to finish things up.

Leo is ranked 285, averaging a solid 7 which is pretty good. Most thing in the top few hundred are pretty decent and for $10 you get your moneys worth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.