Kenneth Chan
United States
Conway
SC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://s-c-a-r-a-b.com/

Can't believe no one posted about this yet! I'll be there along with the board gaming crew from Myrtle Beach which includes the infamous Donald Dennis of the On Board Games Podcast (but who cares right? ). So if you are near the area and wanna get in on some hot board game action come out and play!

All the details are on the site, but it's $40 for a 3 day convention pass if you preregister and the hotel next to the convention still has rooms at a very cheap price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff H
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
U.S. 95th Infantry Division - The Iron Men of Metz
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there to run the Dungeon Twister demos, sessions, and tournament.

All the details can be found at the SCARAB website and forums as well as on www.dungeontwister.org, the site of the International Dungeon Twister League.

Geoff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Chan
United States
Conway
SC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I might try the game out again. I purchased DT in my initial batch of board games when getting into the hobby due to watching Tom's videos about it, but after playing it once quickly traded it. Maybe I played it wrong (highly probable) since I was just getting into these games but it didn't seem to click for me. So I'll hunt you down and make you show me how much of the rules I actually screwed up when first trying to learn this game at SCARAB
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff H
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dacool561 wrote:
I might try the game out again. I purchased DT in my initial batch of board games when getting into the hobby due to watching Tom's videos about it, but after playing it once quickly traded it. Maybe I played it wrong (highly probable) since I was just getting into these games but it didn't seem to click for me. So I'll hunt you down and make you show me how much of the rules I actually screwed up when first trying to learn this game at SCARAB

I look forward to meeting you then! It's a great game, but some of the rules are not intuitive. I know I played it incorrectly for some time -- the rules for placement of tokens are easy to mix up.

The DT tournament is one of the only specific board game tournaments so I look forward to teaching new players. The tournament on Saturday and Sunday is open to all experience levels, including new players, so be sure to set time aside for that. It's a great way to get in a few games and learn how to play.

Geoff
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Torrens
United States
Myrtle Beach
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I signed up to teach Fresco, but will also be looking to teach Dungeon Lords, Downfall of Pompeii and Hive among others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Rhodes
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff H
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also planning to bring my copy of Earth Reborn, but I'm not sure if I'll have played it enough to teach it by then...

Geoff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.