Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
When an event removes a cell, it's replaced by a cadre (as per rules). However, the martyrdom operation card (I think) "replaces" a cell with two plots. Is there a cadre left over (if it was the last cell?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim P.
United States
Thousand Oaks
California
flag msg tools
Visit the Wargame Bootcamp guild
badge
Muppet !
mbmbmbmbmb
4.8.4 is the important paragraph (my emphasis)
Quote:

4.8.4 Cadre Markers. Keep cadre markers near the map. Whenever the last cell in a country without a cadre is removed by Disrupt (7.4) or event (not Jihad or Travel, 8.3-8.4), place a cadre there.

The cadre is placed when the last cell is removed; in the case of the 'martyrdom operation' cards it is being removed by an event; so place a
cadre marker if the cell was the last cell.

Edit: Clarified a few posts down by Volko.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Poutré
Canada
St-Jean-sur-Richelieu
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Yes... I still like 'em 35 years later...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to hear the designers on this one as I think the words "Replace" and "Remove" might be interchangeable in this situation. The difference being that Martyrdom Operation replaces the cell with something else which was maybe just a shorter way to say "Remove the cell and place 2 plot markers..."

-Marcon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry. I intended the word "replace" to mean "remove one thing and put something else there in its place", so I do intend for "Martyrdom Operation" to leave a cadre if the last cell in a country is removed in replacing it with plots. (Not a huge issue, I realize.)

If Joel thinks it's needed, we can add that as a clarification to the FAQ/errata file.

Regards, vfr
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alpha Mastrano
Australia
Heidelberg
Victoria, Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, in summary, whenever the last cell is taken from a country and back to the Funding Track by any means, a cadre is always placed, unless specifically directed otherwise (e.g., failed Jihad rolls or Wiretapping event)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Poutré
Canada
St-Jean-sur-Richelieu
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Yes... I still like 'em 35 years later...
mbmbmbmbmb
Imago wrote:
So, in summary, whenever the last cell is taken from a country and back to the Funding Track by any means, a cadre is always placed, unless specifically directed otherwise (e.g., failed Jihad rolls or Wiretapping event)?

Failed travel would also not place a cadre, despite sending the cell back to the Funding Track.

-Marcon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Preorder Navajo Wars by GMT Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

I would put it this way, when the last Cell is Disrupted or returned to the Funding Track by means of an Event, a Cadre is placed.

Volko, did you get my email?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Joel, just went and saw it now and sent you a reply, thanks! - vfr

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
when the last Cell is Disrupted or returned to the Funding Track by means of an Event, a Cadre is placed.

With apologies, just to pick a nit:

When the last Cell is returned to the Funding Track by Disrupt or by means of an Event, a Cadre is placed. (Disrupt that only flips a Sleeper to Active does not place a cadre).

vfr

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I figured it could go either way ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.