N_O_ Y_B
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
I do not necessarily want to take all the credit for the following tale so let me start with this...

ALL MY FRIENDS ARE BUYING BOARD GAMES AND IT'S BECAUSE OF ME!

Okay, but seriously for the past 2-3 years I've turned myself into a board sneaky, low-key board game evangelist and at long last my scheme-y schemes have begun to pay off. Granted, most of my friends who have begun buying board games never had an aversion to them in the first place, but most of them would never go out of their way to buy them either. Even my sisters have begun buying a few games for themselves here and there (usually when I refuse to leave my copy with them). After Christmas I plan on making a bi-weekly game night to get my semi-acquaintances/sorta friends/people I know playing games as well.

How do I do this you ask? Well, it doesn't hurt being insanely good looking and ridiculously suave...but other than that you start as I did, with a soup night.

That's right, dummies! You heard correctly. Create a night where everyone comes over and eats soup. I make soup, a couple others make soup, we listen to music, and generally have a good time. This builds up a nice big group of people who are used to coming over to my house to "hang out". Then it's quite easy. See, I don't replace soup night but instead keep it going while also starting "Game Night" with the same group (at least those who are willing) and others.

Get ready Marion Indiana suckers because before you know it you'll be buying board games as well, and I'll be laughing all the way to the bank.

*cackles* *rubs hands together*

Congratulate me, I deserve it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Snyder
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Shouldn't you be playing a game with me instead of wasting time on the Internet?
mbmbmbmbmb
WhiteRider27 wrote:
I do not necessarily want to take all the credit for the following tale so let me start with this...

and I'll be laughing all the way to the bank.

so, are you getting a finders fee?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N_O_ Y_B
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Andrew Snyder wrote:
WhiteRider27 wrote:

and I'll be laughing all the way to the bank.

so, are you getting a finders fee? :what: :)

Yes, but in the form of friends' board games. Plus Evil Genius points for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Kinslow
United States
Piperton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
↳ Do one brain damage ↳ Do one brain damage ↳ End the run
badge
Real heroes wear pink.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll get there someday... I think if I can change the "living in the middle of nowhere" thing I'll get better results.

Man, I love a remote country house but good lord is it hard to rally visitors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N_O_ Y_B
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
wedgeex wrote:
I'll get there someday... I think if I can change the "living in the middle of nowhere" thing I'll get better results.

Man, I love a remote country house but good lord is it hard to rally visitors.

I suggest marrying a country babe and having a veritable army of children. I'm talking at least 15 here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Powers T
msg tools
mbmbmb
Now what happen's when they start joining BGG and decide to see some of your threads lol! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Frandsen
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have one success story. I got my 13 yr old cousin to like race for the galaxy, and now my aunt tells me that she got it for him for christmas.

WIN!

I also got my sister to want bang! for christmas. I think that's what i'll be getting her

so the progress is slow but my boardgame evangelism is slowly coming to fruition.

and congratulations... you deserve it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Pozun
United States
Phoenixville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WhiteRider27 wrote:
That's right, dummies! You heard correctly. Create a night where everyone comes over and eats soup. I make soup

The salvation army thought of soup kitchens years ago, but they never thought of the board game part. Bravo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hey, I've created a video channel! Hover over my avatar to get more info! :) - Josh -
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
My video channel has a Facebook page - Find it by searching "Josh Yaks page" on Facebook
badge
Find my video channel on YouTube as "Josh Yaks"!
mbmbmbmbmb
Mmmmmm... soup...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N_O_ Y_B
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
spozun wrote:
The salvation army thought of soup kitchens years ago, but they never thought of the board game part. Bravo!

Hmmmm......and as my mother was in the salvation army.....circle = complete?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A
Canada
Vaughan
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
squash wrote:
Mmmmmm... soup...

Mmmmm... my avatar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rasmus Høygaard Jensen
Denmark
Copenhagen
Denmark, Europe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I totaly know what you mean. My friends does the same...
Just a little fustrating they keep buying the same ones !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Every year I buy a 'present' or two for my whole family. The fact it just happens to be the game I want is coincidence. The fact it just happens to sit on my shelf as it's the 'safest place for it' is also pure luck. So not only do I get to have a game I want I even get credit for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N_O_ Y_B
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Halfinger wrote:
Every year I buy a 'present' or two for my whole family. The fact it just happens to be the game I want is coincidence. The fact it just happens to sit on my shelf as it's the 'safest place for it' is also pure luck. So not only do I get to have a game I want I even get credit for it.

You take 'Evil Genius' to the next level.

Welcome to the Evil League of Evil.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N_O_ Y_B
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Anjohl wrote:
I started a group in a nearby city to where I live, hosted by a friend at his house, with me being the gamemaster and provider.

Now many of the regulars are buying their own copies of key titles, to enable them to play with a smaller group on weekends I can't get out.

Much success.

Excellent! But you know what this post could use? More bragging! :D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.