Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
We play with this variant and find the game way more enjoyable than out of the box:

(1) You play over 5 rounds. Add up the scores of individual rounds. The player with the lowest total score at the end of the 5th round wins. An individual score is the sum of any left-over levers.

E.g. 2,3,7 results in 12 points.

(2) You decide whether you add or multiply the dice rolls.

E.g. 4,6 may be a 10 (=4+6) or 24 (=4*6), whatever suits you best.

(3) Split the roll on any number of levers. Still, you need to use all of the rolled value.

E.g. You rolled 4,6 and decide this to be a 24. You knock down levers 12, 7 and 5.

(4) If you manage to shut the box, i.e. knock down all levers, you get a bonus roll that will result in negative points for you (which is good as you try to get the lowest total score!). Before you roll on your bonus roll, you wager a number from 1-36. If your bonus roll is equal to or higher than your wager, subtract your wager from your total score. Otherwise you keep your score (i.e. you score 0 for the current round).

E.g. I wager 12. Then I roll 3,5, which is 15 (=3*5) if I multiply the numbers. So, I get -12 points for this round. If I rolled 1,6, I'd have 7 (=1+6) and I'd score 0 points this round.

We've played this variant over 10 times in the last couple of days and it works perfectly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.