Hide
6 Posts

Axis & Allies: Battle of the Bulge» Forums » General

Subject: Plastic chips compatible with other A&A games? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
H. Witzland
msg tools
Does anyone know if the red and gray plastic chips in Battle of the Bulge interlock (fit) with the plastic chips in A&A Anniversary Edition?

Do the Battle of the Bulge plastic chips interlock (fit) with those in A&A Guadalcanal?

Finally, do the Battle of the Bulge plastic chips interlock (fit) with those in A&A Europe 1940?

Thanks for your help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Miller
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
essen wrote:
Do the Battle of the Bulge plastic chips interlock (fit) with those in A&A Guadalcanal?

I can only speak for Battle of the Bulge and Guadalcanal as I own them both. The Guadalcanal chips are just a smidge bigger than those in BotB and do not interlock. The Guadalcanal chips are also a darker shade of grey then BotB. You can intermix the A&A Spring 1942 chips with Guadalcanal.

Hopefully somebody else can speak for the other combinations you mentioned.

-Phil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Anderson
United States
Ennis
Montana
flag msg tools
There is nothing better than playing board games with my 4 sons!
badge
There is nothing better than playing board games with my 4 sons!
mbmbmbmbmb
God forbid they made them compatible so they could all be stored away together or used if you were running low.

I suppose it shows that over the years they have had to make new deals with new companies and get better pricing, change plastic quality, etc.

D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark walston
United States
foley
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://frpgames.com/cart.php?m=product_list&c=2113

this might be of interest..it's a good price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H. Witzland
msg tools
Thanks guys for the info on Guadalcanal and A&A 1942.

If we were to dare create a "A&A Plastic Chip Compatability Guide" then perhaps it would look like this?

Plastic Chip, Ver.1= Axis & Allies; Axis & Allies: D-Day; Axis & Allies: Battle of the Bulge; Axis & Allies Anniversary Edition
Plastic Chip, Ver.2= Axis & Allies: Guadalcanal; Axis & Allies: 1942; Axis & Allies Pacific 1940; Axis & Allies Europe 1940

Does this look right so far? I am just speculating on the other A&A games. Can anyone confirm if these plastic chips from the different A&A games do indeed interlock with one another?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Miller
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
A friend of mine owns Axis & Allies Anniversary Edition as well Europe 1940 and Pacific 1940. We will be playing on Dec 28th so I'll take my Spring 1942 and BotB chips over and see which (if any) are compatible. From there you should be able to make a pretty good compatibility chart.

-Phil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.