Hank Panethiere
United States
Kirkwood
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me first start out by saying that I know there is already a group called Atomic Squash in Edwardsville that meets Mondays at a local game store, and I'm not competing with them or trying to in any way disrupt their gig.

I'd like to start a group of about 5-10 core members around the same age as myself with similar backgrounds, interests, and views on hygiene

I've been to game nights and gamed with a lot of people, but many times it's been sort of a strange and often unpleasant experience due to the wildly different types of people that show up.

Don't get me wrong, I don't WANT to exclude anyone, but as I get older I find it more fun to game with people my own age with similar backgrounds, responsibilities and life experiences.

I'd like to find other people who share my demographics and love of games. Basically I'm looking for gamers approximately 35-50 years of age, married with children (grown or not). Members children and spouses are welcome to game with us as long as they are there to either play or observe (and aren't sick )

I own my own business and thus have access to a location to game anytime and for as long as we want.

I like all types of games except for super heavy long games (unless I have someone else teaching and explaining). Wargames and CCG's don't interest me at all.

I have a library of over 500 games that are just waiting to be played. I'd be willing to provide refreshments as well.

There are two rules I would strictly enforce:
1) Show up having bathed wearing clean clothes that have been washed...if you lack normal hygiene it's a problem.
2) Don't show up sick, I don't want anyone spreading a bug around that everyone can take home to their family. Since gaming takes place with people close together and sharing common game parts it's real easy to catch your strep, flu, etc. (anyone who's come back sick from a convention can vouch for this).

Love to have good game teachers and explainers, people who can read rules and dive right into a game and get everyone up to speed.

No sore losers or people with inflated egos.
Must have a sense of humor.
Must be able to take a joke.
Must have patience and be laid back.
No aggressive types, or people with anger problems.

If you'd be interested in joining such a group post below or geekmail me.

Hope to hear from you!

Hank

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Aemisegger
United States
Glen Carbon
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

You are still certainly invited to take part in the Atomic Squash game nights. Since we are the definition of what you are looking for. Although we do have a bathing is optional rule. We find that the more smells you can get into a small space the easier it is to concentrate on a game of La Havre', Stone Age, or the ever popular Caylus.

Have you been out to an Atomic Squash game night? If you have ever attended you know that only we only accept the Upper crust of the Bi-city area. Bathed in the finest French Cologne.

Hey look at that.. Its Monday again. We are right up the road and have seat with your name on it. Seriously.. it says Hank on it. Don't as me why we never really knew until now.

The door is always open and we always want to play boardgames.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I wholeheartedly agree with Jason on this one. While I would love to have another night to play games with friends I find Monday nights pretty excellent. You may be put off the first time you come out but don't let that get to you. These guys are some of the most easy going and great people you will ever have the pleasure of gaming with. We play meaty games as well as quick fillers so the gamut is definitely large.

I feel as if I'm the youngest (28), but I may be wrong, no sore losers, and no really aggressive people. Give us a shot and then if it's still not your cuppa, we'll understand.

to quote Jason,

Quote:
Hey look at that.. Its Monday again. We are right up the road and have seat with your name on it. Seriously.. it says Hank on it. Don't as me why we never really knew until now.

The door is always open and we always want to play boardgames.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.