Subject: Preview rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
We got a chance to try out this new entry in the Mystery Rummy series at the most recent South Shore Gamers (SSG) meeting, and overall, this seems like a great addition to the MR series; It seems a little more hectic than #1 and #2 at times, with the identity changing back and forth, limiting your playable melds, but one thing I really like about the MR series, each has a different set of overlapping strategies. I also like the fact that you can change strategies mid-hand, and usually not get too hurt as a result. This does seem like a high scoring version, David Rapp and i were each scoring 30-40 points a round, but I think the shutout rule might make it so someone can pull ahead in the end. It'd be nice if it played 3 or 4 players (it's 2 player only), but we're not convinced that it wouldn't take 3 or 4, one of our SSGers sez that he playtested it with three and that it worked in that previous incarnation. It might take away a certain degree of control, however, as there are only so many of the potion cards, and if you didn't draw one in a round, I could see getting frustrated. I know it'll hit the table again soon once it gets widely released, Thanks to Scott S for bringing his copy to SSG, i'm not sure he played it once saturday, but i managed to play it three times:)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.