Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Hinton
United Kingdom
Hitchin
Herts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi,
Im looking for a gaming group near new haven since in February I am moving away from my home in Guildford, UK all the way to the U.S.A. for 11 months to write my dissertation at Yale.
This is a big move for me and takes me away from my girlfriend of nearly 4 years and my whole life here. Thus it would be really cool if there were some gaming groups which I could join to make my whole transition a lot easier.
I don't know what the Yale societies (if they are called that) will be like for tabletop gaming, so hopefully I can find a good club/group to join.
I play all types of board games, wargames (warhammer) rpgs and dabble in mtg a little bit.
Ill be living in East Rock, New haven most likely, and annoyingly probably wont have any mode of transport faster than a bicycle!

Post if you have any suggestions.
Thank you bgg!

Matt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Casiglio
United States
Ansonia
CT
flag msg tools
Falcon 2018 September 28, 29, 30 in Stamford, CT
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Matt, there are a lot of great board gaming options in the New Haven area. I'd start by going to website for the New Haven County Board Game MeetUp.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schroth
United States
Middletown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There's a gaming group that meets in the Middlefield public library the 1st and 4th Saturday of every month. It's a good group, and close enough to New Haven.

More information available here:

http://ctgameclub.org

though it appears the site is a wee bit out of date. Not sure if the club meets in Stratford anymore. Give Carl Olsen ( hirsutecjo AT aol DOT com ) an email for more details, he runs the group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.