Scott Nicholson
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm putting together a game weekend in Syracuse, and would like to do a BIG game. Something you wouldn't do at home, to draw a crowd.

One con I know did a life-size Talisman. I'm aware of a big Settlers game that's making the rounds. I've also seen a massive Axis & Allies board.

Have you seen similar events? Anything that worked really well? Any ideas for something you'd like to see done big?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Sorbello
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
canvas eagles is usually popular for at a con. you can have people rotate in or out all the time at any time. The rules are simple if you use early war, late war gets a little more complex.
If you have a nice setup it looks and feels fantastic.
the game is free, you have to make your own game. usually takes about a half a day!
Cheers
Lexen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I've always thought it would be fun to do a life-sized heroscape style game; use dressed up people for the figures or something...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey McBeth
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooh, canvas eagles would be fun. It'd be an excuse to start buying models for it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gord Mackenzie
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
Yup... live Heroscape would be my call... provide cheesy props/costumes (sun glasses, plastic WWII helmets, etc. etc.) and have at it!

g/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris schott
United States
saint louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about life-sized En Garde/Duel? People with nerf swords step forward and back on the giant track.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Careful with sharing hats, though. The last thing you want to do is start a lice epidemic or something. gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.