Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyler Owen
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Divine is a game for 2 to 4 players in which you assume the role of a Deity trying to spread their religion in ancient times. You can use your divine powers to quickly gain followers or deviously attack your competing religions. Priests, Zealots, Prophets, and Avatars are your pawns of strategic influence in a developing city which you must control.

I have been playtesting it for quite some time now and have just released it for download as a free Print-and-Play game. I'm basically just looking for some feedback on the official release. I don't think I will be making any major changes from here on, but if you find any errors in the printing or if the rules are unclear then I will make revisions.

I appreciate any input that you might have!

Official Wiki: https://sites.google.com/site/religiongame/

Download: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2757717/DIVINE_PDF.zip

Development Blog: http://tylerowen.info/blog/category/divine
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Ramstad
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Suggestion:

Why not add this as a new game to BGG?

Then you can have forums, discussions, areas to upload files and the whole schmeer...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Ramstad
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and to amplify... I know personally I'm highly unlikely to download a ZIP file and flail around to get a sense of the game.

If you have this uploaded as a new game, and include some images of the printed components, and break out the major files separately so folks can download the stuff they want to look at, and not everything, you will get more eyeballs, and may get more people who are willing to take the time to print the game and give it a whirl.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, pdf is the preferred format for printing, not jpg.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ned Ludd
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
x70x wrote:
Divine is a game for 2 to 4 players in which you assume the role of a Deity ...

Thank you very much for the new game.

I will try it.

Merry Christmas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Ramstad
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Howitzer_120mm wrote:
Also, pdf is the preferred format for printing, not jpg.

Absolutely. A properly sized PDF file is trivial to print, especially if you indicate what the expected output paper size is. Printing JPG is fraught with complications by comparison...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Owen
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Good point... I don't even know why I did them as JPG.

I already did submit this as a new game but it hasn't been approved by moderators yet and it has been a few days now.

I will re-upload as PDFs and then post some pictures once it is approved as a new game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Owen
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I have changed the files to all be in the PDF format. The download link is still in the first post. Thanks to all who have tried it. Let me know what you think!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.