Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Riccardo Masini
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!
Does anybody know if a new version of the Battle Cry Vassal module including all the updates to the new edition is in the works?
I don't know who made the original one - a really good work, considering also all the unofficial scenarios - but a new Vassal module would be a great resource for this great title!
Bye!

Riccardo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dippel
Germany
Rheinhausen
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
I am from Bavaria
badge
King Ludwig II of Bavaria
mbmbmbmb
Hello Ricardo,
i did the current old versions on Vassal.
But so far, there will be no official new modules online,
because i sent more requests to WotC and Hasbro to get
the permission for a new edition module and got no answers so far,
no positive or negative
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Roper
South Africa
Hout Bay
Western Cape
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bayernkini wrote:
Hello Ricardo,
no positive or negative

And they are not likely to reply, they are not known for customer service or prompt communication.
I would be inclined to go ahead and update it on the grounds that in 10 years they have not objected to the first iteration and may secretly realise that the vassal Module is one of the main reasons that sales of the new version are so strong. Many of the people buying it have done so after years of playing the vassal and other online versions and asking for a reprint to get a physical copy.
There is a slim chance that they will ask you to withdraw it after it is done, but I seriously doubt that they will.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
caroper wrote:
Bayernkini wrote:
Hello Ricardo,
no positive or negative

And they are not likely to reply, they are not known for customer service or prompt communication.
I would be inclined to go ahead and update it on the grounds that in 10 years they have not objected to the first iteration and may secretly realise that the vassal Module is one of the main reasons that sales of the new version are so strong. Many of the people buying it have done so after years of playing the vassal and other online versions and asking for a reprint to get a physical copy.
There is a slim chance that they will ask you to withdraw it after it is done, but I seriously doubt that they will.

It is easy to delete modules if requested, and ten years is a bit of a precident... Sometimes it is easier to ask for forgivness than permission.
whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Ferrari
United States
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I never picked up the origina game, but got the new one. A new VASSAL Mod for this would be great so that I can use it to PBEM.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.