7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Travel Games for all types of holiday... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
amy wamy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I'm buying a whole new travel game collection for my year of backpacking. Does anyone have recommendations or ideas?? These would ideally appeal to all ages not just adults! :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Néstor Romeral Andrés
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
amywamy555 wrote:
I'm buying a whole new travel game collection for my year of backpacking. Does anyone have recommendations or ideas?? These would ideally appeal to all ages not just adults! :-)

Hi, Amy.

Im the owner of nestorgames, a company that manufactures portable games. Let me invite you to take a look:

50 games released and growing!

I hope this helps

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Hagenauer jr.
Germany
Surheim
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For backpacking i´d suggest nestorgames and Adlung-Spiele.

Nestorgames has some great great gams for older childeren and adults, all of them easy to takt away.

Adlung has all kind of card games. From educational but fun for children (Oups das kannst du auch, Farbzwerge ...) to quite complex boardgame-like cardgames (Zauberschwert & Drachenei for example) you can find everything.

Edit: Looks like Néstor himselfe was a little faster.
No wonder, Travel Games are his speciality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Wyman
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Citadels and Carcassonne both flatpack well if you're willing to leave their boxes at home; plus they have very wide appeal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Wilde
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hive is an excellent travel game, and you can never go wrong with a simple deck of cards...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Seb. ●leoskyangel●
Malaysia
Bangsar & PJ
flag msg tools
badge
I play games not to win, it's the gathering that's important - Thanks for the tip Cate108!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want something medium, caylus magna carta should be considered.

Put away the original box,get a card container to fit all the cards and a medium size ziploc bag to store all the resources, deniers, pawns and tokens.

This can be done to before the wind as well. Heck I think most games based on cards can be done Silly me.

I'll add in bohnanza, citadels, for sale to the list.

Do let us know what you've decided.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
amy wamy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I do love Carcassonne and Settlers already so they are on my list.
I've heard Dobble and Jungle Speed might be worth a go? Any opinions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.